VIDEO : MAKING of a LEGEND Part 2 - Taking Our Gladiator to the Next Level

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Day 2 of our Gladiator build started off like yet another Christmas morning only this time, the present we got to open was a wooden crate containing our brand new Dana Ultimate UD60 front axle. Of course, our UD60 rear axle had come in the day before and so new EVO brackets had already been burned in and it was all ready to get installed. Being that there was a change in plans for the front, most of the UD60 front bracket would need to be trimmed off before we could do anything with it. And speaking of those changes, pretty much everything would need to be hacked off the frame as well and so that we could have EVO DTD or Double Throw Down towers burned in.

Now, Day 3 would take us out to King Shocks to have some custom work done to the bypass shocks that would be installing and while we were there, we got to check out how the world's most badass shocks are made. Once we got back to Off Road Evolution, our front UD60 was ready to be installed with our new Synergy tie-rod and drag link. In a nutshell, a ton of work was done to take our Gladiator to the next level and we hope you enjoy seeing the magic as it happens.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

WJCO

Meme King
Fun to watch. That King warehouse is huge! Just curious why ORE used a torch vs plasma for cutting off the brackets? I saw they switched to plasma for the frame cutout.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So much awesomeness! Thanks for taking us along!

You bet! So glad that you're enjoying seeing all this. :yup:

Being the first to install a new suspension is always challenging...and nerve wracking...

LOL - it'd probably be more nerve wracking if it were any other shop working on our Jeep. With Mel and EVO, I always know I'm getting the best :yup:

Fun to watch. That King warehouse is huge! Just curious why ORE used a torch vs plasma for cutting off the brackets? I saw they switched to plasma for the frame cutout.

If you can believe it, this is their OTHER facility :crazyeyes:

The torch allows you to get in and cut brackets off closer to the frame. The plasma allows you to get precision cuts.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Those brakes are massive!!!

Out of curiosity, what spring rates are on the rear for the truck? I know the JK coilover came with 200/250 springs in the rear. I’m assuming these are prob 350/400 ish?

benatc1

Hooked
So awesome! Did walking into king make you hope that's what heaven will be like? Lol. Pretty cool to see a glimpse at what EVO is developing, and awesome to see it happen on your gladiator! Looking fwd to the rest. And oh yea, I almost forgot, if they happen to need a jl to test fit/run that DTD, just let me know lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked
I love seeing everything coming together. Thank you for showing us in such a great way. Awesome video!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

pop2tu

I think it would be nerve racking to watch somebody taking a torch to my brand new Jeep, but it is looking great. Thanks for sharing the build with us.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Those brakes are massive!!!

Out of curiosity, what spring rates are on the rear for the truck? I know the JK coilover came with 200/250 springs in the rear. I’m assuming these are prob 350/400 ish?

So, we used coilovers that EVO had in the shop and they were way too soft, 150/250. We added a ton of preload just to get it driving. Mel is shipping us new coils and I'm hoping we get them by tomorrow so that we can hit the road on Tuesday. Once installed, we'll be running 250/300. Hoping that'll be enough.

So awesome! Did walking into king make you hope that's what heaven will be like? Lol. Pretty cool to see a glimpse at what EVO is developing, and awesome to see it happen on your gladiator! Looking fwd to the rest. And oh yea, I almost forgot, if they happen to need a jl to test fit/run that DTD, just let me know lol.

LOL!! That was King's new 2nd facility and it was impressive for sure. :yup:

I love seeing everything coming together. Thank you for showing us in such a great way. Awesome video!

No words....:clap2:

So glad you guys are enjoying seeing all this :)

I think it would be nerve racking to watch somebody taking a torch to my brand new Jeep, but it is looking great. Thanks for sharing the build with us.

LOL - if it were anyone other than EVO doing this, it'd be hard. :cool:

TGPJKUR

Just WOW! Just enjoyed watching the first two vids one after the other. I knew the second was coming to an end but I didn't want it too. Thank you for documenting everything you have done with all your Jeeps. Hopefully my learning curve on what I want to do with my upcoming JT will be much quicker than on the JK lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just WOW! Just enjoyed watching the first two vids one after the other. I knew the second was coming to an end but I didn't want it too. Thank you for documenting everything you have done with all your Jeeps. Hopefully my learning curve on what I want to do with my upcoming JT will be much quicker than on the JK lol.

Awesome! Happy to hear you've been enjoying these videos and hope they will give you ideas :)

Blackhawkip

Great video!! When I saw the Dana axles going in I questioned what happened to Dynatrac. Thanks for explaining and it totally makes sense. It will be interesting how they hold up in comparison. You know Dana is holding their breath since you'll tell it like it is without sugar-coating anything.

Can't wait to see it when it leaves EVO!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Watched both part 1&2 and all I can say is wow! Those guys at ORE certainly know what they are doing! Looks great!

Brute

Hooked
So, we used coilovers that EVO had in the shop and they were way too soft, 150/250. We added a ton of preload just to get it driving. Mel is shipping us new coils and I'm hoping we get them by tomorrow so that we can hit the road on Tuesday. Once installed, we'll be running 250/300. Hoping that'll be enough.

LOL!! That was King's new 2nd facility and it was impressive for sure. :yup:

So glad you guys are enjoying seeing all this :)

LOL - if it were anyone other than EVO doing this, it'd be hard. :cool:

I had to go to 300/350 for Brute...

Top Bottom