Clicking behind glove box?

Spazbyt

Hooked
Can any one help identify this part. My best guess is it's the recirculat door actuator. Any time I turn the ignition on or off I get a clicking noise from behind my glove box.

Has any one had any luck replacing it? I searched around the interwebs but it looks like mostly blend door actuators and some other motor behind the steering column getting replaced. 1569777187366.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Coop

Caught the Bug
Can any one help identify this part. My best guess is it's the recirculat door actuator. Any time I turn the ignition on or off I get a clicking noise from behind my glove box.

Has any one had any luck replacing it? I searched around the interwebs but it looks like mostly blend door actuators and some other motor behind the steering column getting replaced. View attachment 335354

What you are pointing at is the box for the air filters. You pop the screen off and rotate the off white seal up and the filters are sandwiched together ( there are two) on a shelf over the fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spazbyt

Hooked
What you are pointing at is the box for the air filters. You pop the screen off and rotate the off white seal up and the filters are sandwiched together ( there are two) on a shelf over the fan.

Yes, if I was going to replace the motor that controls that door what would it be called?

Coop

Caught the Bug
Yes, if I was going to replace the motor that controls that door what would it be called?

Not sure there is a motorized door here. That is the cabin air intake. There could be a door up on top that closes the outside air intake for recirculated cabin air. I guess that would be the outside air damper, but I’m not sure where that is exactly.

Spazbyt

Hooked
When circulate is on. The door opens alowing air from the cabin to pass through the cabin filter. When cirulate is off a motor closes the door. The problem I am haveing is that after the motor closes the door the motor continues to run after the door has closed causing a clicking noise.

Coop

Caught the Bug
When circulate is on. The door opens alowing air from the cabin to pass through the cabin filter. When cirulate is off a motor closes the door. The problem I am haveing is that after the motor closes the door the motor continues to run after the door has closed causing a clicking noise.

You are right, the off white thing is the door, but not sure where the motor is.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Thanks for the help guys. I originally asked the parts store for a recirculate door motor but they gave me a blend door motor which didnt help the situation. I saw some where that it requires a full dash removal. I'm in no hurry to do that so I'm going to try to snake my why in there first.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
It’s possible without removing the dash, I did it. Took a while and a lot of F bombs. Probably easier with the door off, or at least take the strap off to open it as much as you can. Pop the little cover on the side of the dash, you can see the actuator. You’ll hav to remove speaker enclosure to gain access. The screws are Hex/Phillips type. I believe it’s the 7mm nut runner, which is much easier to do than Phillips screwdriver, I might had a little stubby screw driver that received 1/4 drive as well. Have fun lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Spazbyt

Hooked
It’s possible without removing the dash, I did it. Took a while and a lot of F bombs. Probably easier with the door off, or at least take the strap off to open it as much as you can. Pop the little cover on the side of the dash, you can see the actuator. You’ll hav to remove speaker enclosure to gain access. The screws are Hex/Phillips type. I believe it’s the 7mm nut runner, which is much easier to do than Phillips screwdriver, I might had a little stubby screw driver that received 1/4 drive as well. Have fun lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
That's good to hear. I already have the doors off and I got the speaker box wiggled out last night. At least it sounds like I'm on the right track.

all veruge 144 says is good and correct. I have one more tip for you. cut lose some of the cables. that will help a lot. remove speaker, glovebox and so on and then detach the cables that are in that area and move them. then it is much easier to get to the two 7 mm bolts that holds the actuator on place.

It is do able and not very hard but if you are big maybee removing passenger seat can be a good idea. Pain in neck and arms while doing it is not unusual I guess.

It took me about 3 hours. Next time I think I will do it in half of that time.

The actuator is proberly broken in one of two ways because of the clicking sound.

1: the gears are striped and then you can actually just pick up the plastic gear and move half a turn since the gears is not moving around and around, it is just going forth and back and therefore it gets worn only on some of the teeths.

2: in my case the pin was broken of that holds the gear on place and then it is just to replace the whole unit. it is a cheap unit.

good luck

Top Bottom