Auto Start/Stop Disabling

thedrod

Just took delivery of a 2020 Gladiator Overland and I purchased the Superchips Flashcal to adjust for the 37" tires and 5.13s I have installed. I also bought this device because it said it would disable the auto-start/stop feature so I wouldn't have to push the button every time.

However, the device alone doesn't seem to disable it and Superchips says that you also have to disconnect the pin under the hood to make it work.
Well, last night I did that and it also apparently disables the remote start feature as well in addition to disabling the auto-start-stop.

To be honest I think disconnecting the pin under the hood would've had the same result. I am not even sure what the Flashcal device even does.

Maybe this was discussed in the JL section of the forum however the choices for programmers for the gladiator are somewhat limited at the moment.

Anybody with a gladiator been able to disable the auto start/stop and retain the remote start functions?

WJCO

Meme King
Just took delivery of a 2020 Gladiator Overland and I purchased the Superchips Flashcal to adjust for the 37" tires and 5.13s I have installed. I also bought this device because it said it would disable the auto-start/stop feature so I wouldn't have to push the button every time.

However, the device alone doesn't seem to disable it and Superchips says that you also have to disconnect the pin under the hood to make it work.
Well, last night I did that and it also apparently disables the remote start feature as well in addition to disabling the auto-start-stop.

To be honest I think disconnecting the pin under the hood would've had the same result. I am not even sure what the Flashcal device even does.

Maybe this was discussed in the JL section of the forum however the choices for programmers for the gladiator are somewhat limited at the moment.

Anybody with a gladiator been able to disable the auto start/stop and retain the remote start functions?

Congrats on the new truck. Hopefully Eddie or Chris might have some info. I am pretty sure both of them use the Tazer and I'll likely be getting the same. Also, if you haven't already, check out the Gladiator sub-forum at JLWrangler.com and JT-Gladiator.com as well. Lots of Gladiator info there.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Flash cal has been shit for years in my opinion. I always had issues with updates on my JK. I stopped using it due to lack of support after purchase.

I have the Tazer, it remembers the position of the switch after shut off. So you’re good to go. I would sell that flash cal and order up a tazer mini ASAP .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I've been using the Pulsar for about a month now. It checked the boxes I was looking for with the start/stop, throttle lag, adjusting TPMS and being able to program tires/gears. Remote start works fine and so far it feels great in performance mode. That being said I went from a JK to a JT so I didn't follow much of the JL and probably would have got the Tazer if I had known about it.

WJCO

Meme King
By the way, I just found this on the Z Auto website for anyone interested. Comparison chart for the different tazer models:

Untitled.jpg

Exodus 4x4

Flash cal has been shit for years in my opinion. I always had issues with updates on my JK. I stopped using it due to lack of support after purchase.

I have the Tazer, it remembers the position of the switch after shut off. So you’re good to go. I would sell that flash cal and order up a tazer mini ASAP .

Sometimes mine “forgets” to disable the auto-start. Have you noticed yours doing that?

Top Bottom