Thread: Auto Start/Stop Disabling

Auto Start/Stop Disabling

Just took delivery of a 2020 Gladiator Overland and I purchased the Superchips Flashcal to adjust for the 37" tires and 5.13s I have installed. I also bought this device because it said it would disable the auto-start/stop feature so I wouldn't have to push the button every time.

However, the device alone doesn't seem to disable it and Superchips says that you also have to disconnect the pin under the hood to make it work.
    Well, last night I did that and it also apparently disables the remote start feature as well in addition to disabling the auto-start-stop.

To be honest I think disconnecting the pin under the hood would've had the same result. I am not even sure what the Flashcal device even does.

Maybe this was discussed in the JL section of the forum however the choices for programmers for the gladiator are somewhat limited at the moment.

Anybody with a gladiator been able to disable the auto start/stop and retain the remote start functions?

Quote Originally Posted by thedrod View Post
    Just took delivery of a 2020 Gladiator Overland and I purchased the Superchips Flashcal to adjust for the 37" tires and 5.13s I have installed. I also bought this device because it said it would disable the auto-start/stop feature so I wouldn't have to push the button every time.

However, the device alone doesn't seem to disable it and Superchips says that you also have to disconnect the pin under the hood to make it work.
    Well, last night I did that and it also apparently disables the remote start feature as well in addition to disabling the auto-start-stop.

To be honest I think disconnecting the pin under the hood would've had the same result. I am not even sure what the Flashcal device even does.

Maybe this was discussed in the JL section of the forum however the choices for programmers for the gladiator are somewhat limited at the moment.

Anybody with a gladiator been able to disable the auto start/stop and retain the remote start functions?
    Congrats on the new truck. Hopefully Eddie or Chris might have some info. I am pretty sure both of them use the Tazer and I'll likely be getting the same. Also, if you haven't already, check out the Gladiator sub-forum at JLWrangler.com and JT-Gladiator.com as well. Lots of Gladiator info there.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Flash cal has been shit for years in my opinion. I always had issues with updates on my JK. I stopped using it due to lack of support after purchase.

I have the Tazer, it remembers the position of the switch after shut off. So you’re good to go. I would sell that flash cal and order up a tazer mini ASAP .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Hooked
    I've been using the Pulsar for about a month now. It checked the boxes I was looking for with the start/stop, throttle lag, adjusting TPMS and being able to program tires/gears. Remote start works fine and so far it feels great in performance mode. That being said I went from a JK to a JT so I didn't follow much of the JL and probably would have got the Tazer if I had known about it.

By the way, I just found this on the Z Auto website for anyone interested. Comparison chart for the different tazer models:

Untitled.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    Flash cal has been shit for years in my opinion. I always had issues with updates on my JK. I stopped using it due to lack of support after purchase.

I have the Tazer, it remembers the position of the switch after shut off. So you’re good to go. I would sell that flash cal and order up a tazer mini ASAP .

Sometimes mine “forgets” to disable the auto-start. Have you noticed yours doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Sometimes mine “forgets” to disable the auto-start. Have you noticed yours doing that?

Mine has on my JL disabled most of the time but every now and then it changes its mind

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post

I’ve had a couple issues. I talked to them yesterday and they are getting a JT in to test and update.

Mostly my cameras work sometimes

2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1