Which Torque Wrench?

dima24

Hi all -

I'm pretty new to Jeeps but having a lot of fun getting ready to put on some mods. I did see the torque specs thread on there which is very helpful.

One question - I was looking on Amazon and found 2 torque wrenches - one that is 10-150 foot pounds, and a 25 - 250. Which one is better? It doesn't seem like I need to up that high, so perhaps the first one would be more useful?

Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
Hi all -

I'm pretty new to Jeeps but having a lot of fun getting ready to put on some mods. I did see the torque specs thread on there which is very helpful.

One question - I was looking on Amazon and found 2 torque wrenches - one that is 10-150 foot pounds, and a 25 - 250. Which one is better? It doesn't seem like I need to up that high, so perhaps the first one would be more useful?

Thanks!

I highly recommend this one. I have it and love it. I've worked on cars for close to 20 years and used many torque wrenches including SnapOn stuff. This Tekton one really has a good feel to it for a decent price.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/54460-RECOMMENDED-BUY-TEKTON-1-2-Inch-Drive-Click-Torque-Wrench

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Hi all -

Thanks!

I highly recommend this one. I have it and love it. I've worked on cars for close to 20 years and used many torque wrenches including SnapOn stuff. This Tekton one really has a good feel to it for a decent price.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/54460-RECOMMENDED-BUY-TEKTON-1-2-Inch-Drive-Click-Torque-Wrench

I have bought several tekton torque wrenches, even before I had a jeep and knew they were sponsers here. Good torque wrenches for the price. Have not had any issues with them not functioning appropriately.

As far as what range, really depends on what you're doing. If you're doing mostly jeep stuff the 10-150 lb should do. I bought a small torque wrench for some work on my motorcycle, I think it goes up to 25 foot pounds. And I have one that goes up to 250 foot lbs that I got for god knows what reason. Basically get one that covers most of the range you think you'll need. But you'll probably need a few others at some point for some specialty items... Good luck!

dima24

Thanks for the help, everyone! I bought the 10-150 ft. lbs. version before I saw this recommended buy section here. I can exchange it on Amazon for the larger one if needed. Is there anything on the Jeep that needs more than 150 ft. lbs.?

Thanks for the help, everyone! I bought the 10-150 ft. lbs. version before I saw this recommended buy section here. I can exchange it on Amazon for the larger one if needed. Is there anything on the Jeep that needs more than 150 ft. lbs.?

There’s a couple things like pinion nut, but in my experience the larger ranged ones are less accurate so I’d stick with the one you’ve got.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom