Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to reset computer to relearn shift points?

Quote Originally Posted by AgBass01 View Post
    Yes, I used a well respected local shop that has helped me out on numerous occasions with little issues here and there.

Good to know Bubba. Sounds like I just need to bite the bullet and get a programmer of some sort and get my tires done sooner rather than later.
    Just go with the jscan app. Seems to be a really good option and more comprehensive than some of the more expensive options out there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Just go with the jscan app. Seems to be a really good option and more comprehensive than some of the more expensive options out there.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    That's what I was gonna do.

Quote Originally Posted by AgBass01 View Post
    Ok. Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. I've been looking at the bluetooth OBDII adapter and jscan app as well, might just pull the trigger and check it out myself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I went this route, the JScan app is great also for reading and clearing codes in addition to the tires and gear ratio. For some reason the app did not work on my old phone but works on my newer Ipad. I went with the Veepeak for the obd port blue tooth reader

Quote Originally Posted by kyle521 View Post
    I went this route, the JScan app is great also for reading and clearing codes in addition to the tires and gear ratio. For some reason the app did not work on my old phone but works on my newer Ipad. I went with the Veepeak for the obd port blue tooth reader
    Just ordered the vgate 4.0, gotta love Amazon free delivery tomorrow.

I had a similar issue earlier this year. It wouldn’t shift but not sure if it was technically limp mode.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=56589

It took 2-3 times of programming the gear ratio to get it right.
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

I have been having the same issue since changing to 5.13 gears. 3-4th gear up a hill likes to run at about 5500 rpm before shifting and I have even used the auto stick to force a shift. Gears and tire size were set with flash cal. I just used the OBD adapter and JScan to rewrite the gears I’m heading out in a bit and hopefully that changes something I will update back
    From all the googling I have done it seems like a pretty common problem when changing the gear ratio with the flashcal. A lot of people have had to take it to the dealership for a flash then rewrite again with flashcal before the shift points were at a more normal range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the flashcal, went from stock tires, 3.21 gears to 37s with 4.88 gears. It shifts okay I think for the weight and tires, but there are times it really holds the gears and I use the auto stick to shift. I thought it was just normal, but it does bug the crap out of me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Got the jscan all setup and verified that gears ratio is set to 4.56. Also updated the tire size. Will see how things run tomorrow.

No change after rewriting using jscan. Only seems to hold the gear when going up hill from 3rd-4th. 5500 rpm before shifting

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo21 View Post
    No change after rewriting using jscan. Only seems to hold the gear when going up hill from 3rd-4th. 5500 rpm before shifting

You did set measured tire size, right? Measure from the ground to center hub then multiply by 2... Sidewall printed size doesn't work.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast