16s on jl?

robx251

Caught the Bug
So I have access to a set of jk factory 16s that have 35s on them, does anyone know if I can use these as a set of play wheels for my jl and keep my Rubicon wheels and tires for daily driving or will I run into clearance issues on three brakes? I know the bolt holes would need to be drilled out

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
So I have access to a set of jk factory 16s that have 35s on them, does anyone know if I can use these as a set of play wheels for my jl and keep my Rubicon wheels and tires for daily driving or will I run into clearance issues on three brakes? I know the bolt holes would need to be drilled out

I mean I suppose you could drill the lug holes out, BUT they are supposed to have a specific seat to mate with the lugnut.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

robx251

Caught the Bug
I mean I suppose you could drill the lug holes out, BUT they are supposed to have a specific seat to mate with the lugnut.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
Being for trail use only I'm not too concerned about being perfectly centered and I would use a specific set of lug nuts just for those wheels as top not mess up the ones for the aluminum wheels. But I'm more curious about the interference issues. If it won't fit then no worries but if they do that's a plus.

cpefy3

Easiest solution is to buy a set of wheel spacers to avoid any rubbing. I think both the JK and JL are 5x5 so the lugs should line up. Good Luck!!

Top Bottom