Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: ATX chamber pro II rings

  1. #1
    Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
    Posts
    1,740

    ATX chamber pro II rings

    Trying to decide if I should replace my rings or try and smooth them out a bit. I donít care that they have a lot of scrapes, gouges, scratches etc. But I am concerned about the effect they are starting to have on the balance of my wheels and tires. Maybe Iím over thinking it and itís a colossal waste of time/money.

    Sway me.....

  2. #2
    Knows a Thing or Two Jkzinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sahuarita, Arizona
    Posts
    939
    Post a pic. My rings are tore to hell but it must be evenly tore up cause I donít have balance issues.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #3
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,176
    Itís probably more your tires.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37Ē Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5Ē Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40Ē Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  4. #4
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    9,079
    I would think that any loss of lightweight aluminum from the rings would be easily compensated by the more dense wheel weights. I just file down the rough edges on mine & call it a day.

    Have you had them re-balanced lately?

  5. #5
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,176

    ATX chamber pro II rings

    I take a flap wheel to my rings when I change tires. Thatís it. The slabs on my two door are 7 years old.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37Ē Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5Ē Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40Ē Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  6. #6
    Nothing but a Thing Speedy_RCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,942
    Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    Trying to decide if I should replace my rings or try and smooth them out a bit. I donít care that they have a lot of scrapes, gouges, scratches etc. But I am concerned about the effect they are starting to have on the balance of my wheels and tires. Maybe Iím over thinking it and itís a colossal waste of time/money.

    Sway me.....
    The amount of weight lost with a gouge in the aluminum ring is negligible. Much smaller than if you take a small chunk out of the tire. I would just rebalance if you think itís necessary


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #7
    Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
    Posts
    1,740
    Thanks all. These particular tires are relatively new (3500 miles). Itís my second set of cooper STT pros and they are balancing fine, they are just taking a fuck bucket full of weight to balance out. Unlike my last set that was reasonable, these are wanting some excessive weight so I thought the rings might be a contributing factor but not likely by the sound of things.

    Adam you are most likely right in that itís the tires. This particular set seems to really be quite a bit out of round or at least more so than the last set I have.

  8. #8
    Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pine Mountain Club US
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    Thanks all. These particular tires are relatively new (3500 miles). Itís my second set of cooper STT pros and they are balancing fine, they are just taking a fuck bucket full of weight to balance out. Unlike my last set that was reasonable, these are wanting some excessive weight so I thought the rings might be a contributing factor but not likely by the sound of things.

    Adam you are most likely right in that itís the tires. This particular set seems to really be quite a bit out of round or at least more so than the last set I have.
    Probably should have went with Nitto's

  9. #9
    Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
    Posts
    1,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearskies View Post
    Probably should have went with Nitto's
    After talking James into a set of STTís I had stick with my own recommendation lol but next set for sure will be Nitto

  10. #10
    Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pine Mountain Club US
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by RESURECTIONJK View Post
    After talking James into a set of STTís I had stick with my own recommendation lol but next set for sure will be Nitto
    You'll have to put them on a JT..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pro chamber
    By metalic in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-17-2018, 06:10 PM
  2. ATX Chamber Pro & STT Pro gap
    By USMMA11NC in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 03:27 PM
  3. ATX Chamber Pro II
    By SFNick in forum Wheels & Tires
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-12-2015, 11:28 PM
  4. 5 NEW Aluminum Raceline Beadlock Outer Rings - RT231 Rings
    By m6xkr in forum FOR SALE (Active Members ONLY)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-12-2015, 10:13 PM
  5. atx chamber pro II hub-centric rings ir spacers
    By jeeeep in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-24-2015, 05:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
ďwayoflifeĒ is a moniker that Iíve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS