Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Who’s the new favorite?

  1. #11
    Old Timer Jsouder53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Gallatin Gateway, Montana
    Posts
    3,845
    Moby has certainly been my favorite, but that JT is looking pretty sweet. With the classics, I like jane and the truck he has.

  2. #12
    Nothing but a Thing RESURECTIONJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
    Posts
    1,796
    For me it was and always will be Rubicat even though she’s moved on to a new owner. But out of all the rigs they currently own it has to be Moby. Hell Moby IS WAYALIFE. I strongly feel that if it wasn’t for their purchase and build up of him that WAYALIFE wouldn’t be what it is today.

  3. #13
    Fresh Catch StormBreakerTheJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    31
    Moby for sure! The most capable but if Eddie ends up putting a HEMI or LS in the JT then I’m sure I’ll be liking that even more

  4. #14
    Advertiser Exodus Jeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by StormBreakerTheJL View Post
    Moby for sure! The most capable but if Eddie ends up putting a HEMI or LS in the JT then I’m sure I’ll be liking that even more
    Legally you can’t put the LS in anything past 2014. It would have to be Gen5 or a Hemi.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  5. #15
    Fresh Catch StormBreakerTheJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    It would have to be Gen5 or a Hemi.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Good point. Still either one of those would be legit for the JT build.

  6. #16
    Old Timer Jsouder53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Gallatin Gateway, Montana
    Posts
    3,845
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Legally you can’t put the LS in anything past 2014. It would have to be Gen5 or a Hemi.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I had no idea about that. Just a weird law or what?

  7. #17
    Advertiser Exodus Jeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    I had no idea about that. Just a weird law or what?
    Emissions. Engine swaps have to be like or newer. They stopped producing the passenger LS in 2014, so technically it’s not an option even in JK’s produced after. Have you seen that Gladiator Bruiser conversions just did with a supercharged LS? Yep, not legal.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  8. #18
    Word Ninja Sharkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    12,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    Emissions. Engine swaps have to be like or newer. They stopped producing the passenger LS in 2014, so technically it’s not an option even in JK’s produced after. Have you seen that Gladiator Bruiser conversions just did with a supercharged LS? Yep, not legal.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    No smog or inspection in the county in which Eddie lives.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

  9. #19
    Advertiser Exodus Jeeps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    No smog or inspection in the county in which Eddie lives.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    A lot of places are like that including mine, but shops like myself are obligated to follow the strictest standards in the country. If he or anyone else ever decides to sell the vehicle and the new owner lives somewhere with those stricter standards apply, there’s always a risk it can come back on the shop that did the swap. I’m sure we can have them sign form acknowledging that the vehicle is now for “off road use only”, but you tell me how much that’s worth. I know for a fact Robbie wouldn’t do it, and neither will I. Only shops with no ethics would touch that swap.

    Besides, I don’t really see many PRACTICAL people spending this much money on the vehicle up front just to make it off road use only.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  10. #20
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,510

    Who’s the new favorite?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    A lot of places are like that including mine, but shops like myself are obligated to follow the strictest standards in the country. If he or anyone else ever decides to sell the vehicle and the new owner lives somewhere with those stricter standards apply, there’s always a risk it can come back on the shop that did the swap. I’m sure we can have them sign form acknowledging that the vehicle is now for “off road use only”, but you tell me how much that’s worth. I know for a fact Robbie wouldn’t do it, and neither will I. Only shops with no ethics would touch that swap.

    Besides, I don’t really see many PRACTICAL people spending this much money on the vehicle up front just to make it off road use only.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I wouldn’t want a jk or JL if it was offroad only anyway. Especially a $125k plus jk/JL.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who's your favorite stand-up?
    By bigtrucker52 in forum The 8th Slot
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-28-2015, 10:58 PM
  2. Top 10 Favorite Mods
    By Peak in forum Jeep JK Wrangler
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 06:57 PM
  3. Favorite Tool
    By SDG in forum The 8th Slot
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-31-2013, 03:09 AM
  4. Which is your favorite???
    By mcpuck in forum General Jeep Stuff
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-20-2012, 10:06 PM
  5. Which is your favorite? - #2
    By mcpuck in forum General Jeep Stuff
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 11:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS