Replace whole thing or just the worn part.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I found this while looking under the Jeep. Is this greaseable part even replaceable or should I replace the entire drag link with an aftermarket one? Just trying to get the Jeep ready for a possible easy trip. Too late for grease. I won’t let it get like this again.

IMG_3528.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
That's just a dust boot. If there's no play in the joint, I would just run it like that. Wouldn't hurt to grease the joint anyways. Some grease may still come out but some of it will still stay in.

Definitely cool to jam some grease in there and go on your trip, but I’d try and get a new boot at some point, if possible. I tore my boot on my front sway bar link and need to replace. Otherwise I feel like little rocks will get in there and grind stuff

naysjp

Caught the Bug
That's just a dust boot. If there's no play in the joint, I would just run it like that. Wouldn't hurt to grease the joint anyways. Some grease may still come out but some of it will still stay in.

WjCO, can you give me the name of the part so that I can purchase it? I know it's not just a boot. I'm trying to do more of the little things on my JKU.

WJCO

Meme King
WjCO, can you give me the name of the part so that I can purchase it? I know it's not just a boot. I'm trying to do more of the little things on my JKU.

Dust boot or grease boot is what I would call it. Hopefully that link posted will work. I bet it would be hard to find just the boot at a parts store.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Dust boot or grease boot is what I would call it. Hopefully that link posted will work. I bet it would be hard to find just the boot at a parts store.

The parts stores sell universal ones, so he could by a pack with several in it or he could take it off and try to find the exact size.

OP there’s usually a “help” section of small parts. I’d just tell them you need a dust boot for a Drag link end.

Top Bottom