Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jeep JK Purchase Help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    That’s jacked up. In Nevada you don’t pay sales tax on private party. Dealership sales you do pay, even with an out of state dealer.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, one more reason not to be here.

The state realized they were missing out on tax revenue with private sales and fixed that right up.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    I don’t know if this is legit or not. The mention of “Dana 22 axles” and the maintenance having been done in San Mateo (400 miles from Los Angeles) raises suspicions. But if it is not a scam and you’re not wedded to red, it’s a killer deal.
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/la...993569527.html

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    When I was looking for my Jeep, I came across a lot of very similar ads. It has scammer written all over it.

I decided after running around in circles with a few of these that there are no deals that good that are legit.

That’s jacked up. In Nevada you don’t pay sales tax on private party. Dealership sales you do pay, even with an out of state dealer.

In Indiana you have to pay sales tax at the BMV to get your plates, or prove you paid it to a dealership

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    When I was looking for my Jeep, I came across a lot of very similar ads. It has scammer written all over it.

I decided after running around in circles with a few of these that there are no deals that good that are legit.
    Yeah. $10k under market seems fishy .... I was looking for “salvage” title but didn’t see it.

Thanks for all your help guys! You all have to hear this shit though. After breaking down and agreeing to full asking plus a doc $300 doc fee last night with the salesman I get a call this morning from a sales manager that says the price was not correct and they'd need a couple more thousand to sell it. I didn't get the feeling these guys were a shady car dealership and I'm not sure they are, but this whole thing seemed like the epitome of a shitty shady deal. Admittedly, I can't help but be a little angry over the deal, but in the end , I guess no harm was done except for about 12hrs I was excited about the fact that I had found a Jeep and the hunt was over. Pic in lieu of bait and switch google review.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Knows a Thing or Two tastethebeast's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that man. Keep looking though. The issue is that a lot of people can't afford the JL Rubicon so they are buying up gently used JKs. Once used JLs start to be more common I have the feeling the old model price will go down. I was curious so I stopped by my local dealer yesterday and they had one used 2016 JKUR for $35,500. It had 25k miles and had every option besides the hard rock package. That is probably they type of price you will find at most dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-tastic View Post
    Thanks for all your help guys! You all have to hear this shit though. After breaking down and agreeing to full asking plus a doc $300 doc fee last night with the salesman I get a call this morning from a sales manager that says the price was not correct and they'd need a couple more thousand to sell it. I didn't get the feeling these guys were a shady car dealership and I'm not sure they are, but this whole thing seemed like the epitome of a shitty shady deal. Admittedly, I can't help but be a little angry over the deal, but in the end , I guess no harm was done except for about 12hrs I was excited about the fact that I had found a Jeep and the hunt was over. Pic in lieu of bait and switch google review.

Quote Originally Posted by tastethebeast View Post
    Sorry to hear that man. Keep looking though. The issue is that a lot of people can't afford the JL Rubicon so they are buying up gently used JKs. Once used JLs start to be more common I have the feeling the old model price will go down. I was curious so I stopped by my local dealer yesterday and they had one used 2016 JKUR for $35,500. It had 25k miles and had every option besides the hard rock package. That is probably they type of price you will find at most dealers.
    I haven't looked at prices and inventories of used jeeps, but my initial thought was that the JK/JKR used inventories would increase and prices would decrease because of people trading up to the JL or JT platforms... Although I guess it makes sense that a lot of people are using this opportunity to upgrade to a JK, thus offsetting the inventories.

Anyways, good luck OP! Hope the perfect jeep lands in your lap soon.

Nothing but a Thing Mountainjk10's Avatar
    Try Carvana. They’re pricing is final but there’s no extra fees added on. You also can drive it for a week and return it, no questions asked. You can even finance thru them.

Honestly, if your DMV regulates dealerships (it does in Nevada) then I would send the information about this dealership to the DMV with the pricing bait and switch that they tried to stick you with. What they did is illegal.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

In Texas they’ll tax you when you register it based on the blue book value, not what you actually paid. How’s that for fucking criminal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast