Thread: Planning the Gladiator Build!

Fresh Catch

Planning the Gladiator Build!

IMG_1059.jpgWell if watching Eddie's and Mel's Gladiator builds don't get you fired up not sure what will, amazing stuff! Have been sketching out some build plan ideas for my JT, comparing some of the things I did and liked on my JKU and wanted to get others thoughts and ideas.

I'm torn on the lift etc as I really like the way the Gladiator rides, particularly in the rear(have seen other posts and agree that the front end drivability of the JT can be a little flighty). That probably sounds weird but I'm an old 3/4 ton diesel pickup guy. What are peoples thoughts of the best on road driving suspension for the JT that are available at the moment(my JT will see mostly road)? Just like alot of people, I have dreams of King Coilovers in my sleep, LOL. I did a 2.5" Metalcloak Game Changer, Fox Reservior shocks/steering stabilizer and all the YETI HD goodies on the front of my JKU and it's rock solid with a nice low center of gravity. Looking at accomplishing 37's with a nice aggressive stance on the JT.
    I appreciate any feedback! Thanks

Hooked
    If you like the ride rough country makes a leveling kit that they say will fit 35's. I went with the mopar 2.5. It rides the same as stock if not better but a little on the pricey side for what you get. I met another guy around here who has the same setup as me but with 37's. He said they will rub in the front while flexing. You should do some research on the Yeti

Just drove mine home 120 miles and LOVE the ride. I'm planning on just removing the inner fenders and throwing on some 35s. I doubt I'll have to lift it. I have a Sport with max tow. I noticed a slight wander around 45 on decel but not concerning. Our other Jeeps seem worse. I really don't want to modify the suspension on this one if I don't have to.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Just drove mine home 120 miles and LOVE the ride. I'm planning on just removing the inner fenders and throwing on some 35s. I doubt I'll have to lift it. I have a Sport with max tow. I noticed a slight wander around 45 on decel but not concerning. Our other Jeeps seem worse. I really don't want to modify the suspension on this one if I don't have to.
    Bet your tire pressure is sky high. Mine were set at 45psi

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Bet your tire pressure is sky high. Mine were set at 45psi
    It felt like that a couple of times. I'll be checking it out tomorrow.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Thanks for the reply, glad to see I’m not the only one who loves the ride. I heard the tire pressure issue before, will check that, I bet your right

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by jasont0311 View Post
    If you like the ride rough country makes a leveling kit that they say will fit 35's. I went with the mopar 2.5. It rides the same as stock if not better but a little on the pricey side for what you get. I met another guy around here who has the same setup as me but with 37's. He said they will rub in the front while flexing. You should do some research on the Yeti
    Thanks Jason. Have heard some other good reports on the mopar lift as well. More new parts coming out all the time by the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubi 207 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, glad to see I’m not the only one who loves the ride. I heard the tire pressure issue before, will check that, I bet your right

If its like the JL the jt should fit 35s with no lift on the Rubicon models. Not 100% sure about the back wheel clearances.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

The tires were 45 psi on mine as well... dropped them to 37... and they are much better. I love the ride on the JT too...

I went with a 3/4 inch daystar spacer in the back... 1.5 spacer in the front with bump stops… and the Fox shocks from a Rubicon. It still rides perfect... I went with the rims and tires from a LE Gladiator for cheap as well... so it has 33's. I think it would take 35's with some trimming on the front. The rear won't have a problem with 35's that I can see. I only have like 390 miles on it... but so far it is really smooth! (I have the sport max tow as well...rubicon fenders have no problem with 35's)
    God's area code is 406!
    PastorJohnMontana

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
    The tires were 45 psi on mine as well... dropped them to 37... and they are much better. I love the ride on the JT too...

I went with a 3/4 inch daystar spacer in the back... 1.5 spacer in the front with bump stops… and the Fox shocks from a Rubicon. It still rides perfect... I went with the rims and tires from a LE Gladiator for cheap as well... so it has 33's. I think it would take 35's with some trimming on the front. The rear won't have a problem with 35's that I can see. I only have like 390 miles on it... but so far it is really smooth! (I have the sport max tow as well...rubicon fenders have no problem with 35's)
    Thanks for the info, checking PSI today. Like the sounds of what you did so far.