Michigan's Western UP

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Spent most of last week touring ORV routes and fire trails in Michigan's western Upper Peninsula. It was a flat-out wonderous trip. In my entire life I've never enjoyed such an incredible Autumn display. Eastern end of the UP, still almost all green...very spotty. But the western third? Tons of color everywhere.

Back to work, so time to wade through images and video will take a while...but here are a few shots.

JTP-20191003-0008.jpg JTP-20191004-0031.jpg JTP-20191004-0099.jpg

ZachJKUR

Howdy! You're in my neck of the woods. If you're looking to see a little more this weekend let me know! I've got some local know-where-to-go magic to contribute!

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Did you happen to go thru Houghton, and the Keweenaw Peninsula area? My home turf..miss living there.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Did you happen to go thru Houghton, and the Keweenaw Peninsula area? My home turf..miss living there.

Yep. Stayed at the new Country Inn & Suites in Houghton, this time. CI&S is also pet friendly. Had our Swissy, Freyja, with us on this trip. Kim & Freyja - Porcupine 2019 2.jpg

Tried to get out to High Rock Bay and the rocket range. ORV routes much east of Copper Harbor are restricted right now though :(. Perhaps next year.

jesse3638

Hooked
Nice, we took a road trip to Florence, WI and Iron Mtn, MI with the family about 4 years ago. We have a family cottage on Spread Eagle Lake. Never been up there this time of year on the summer. Looks amazing.

ZachJKUR

They shouldn't be restricted? I was out that way today. They are starting preparation for LSPR this week so perhaps some preliminary repairs for the Subie Bros
Yep. Stayed at the new Country Inn & Suites in Houghton, this time. CI&S is also pet friendly. Had our Swissy, Freyja, with us on this trip. View attachment 336184

Tried to get out to High Rock Bay and the rocket range. ORV routes much east of Copper Harbor are restricted right now though :(. Perhaps next year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom