Battery draining issues

sherayn

My lovely Rubys dead too often, I've bought a new battery, and made sure the doors are closed at night (yes that happened), there seems to be minting wrong with alternator.

I'm wondering what this piece is photo attached, it's connector as 2nd cable on the positive side of the battery, could this be affecting it? Maybe it's bad or dead? And what is it for?

Also the wires are freyed not not close to all the way through.
20191008_113200.jpg 20191008_113205.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I haven't gotten that problem yet with my Rubicon(not yet). Have you tried going for OPTIMA battery? I've got the Red one, and it's lasting for a while.
My lovely Rubys dead too often, I've bought a new battery, and made sure the doors are closed at night (yes that happened), there seems to be minting wrong with alternator.

I'm wondering what this piece is photo attached, it's connector as 2nd cable on the positive side of the battery, could this be affecting it? Maybe it's bad or dead? And what is it for?

View attachment 336156 View attachment 336157

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

View attachment 336156 View attachment 336157

Welcome to WAL. Go introduce yourself in the Wave forum and you'll probably get a better response... That being said, the piece you're asking about is a fusable link for a winch.

Are your battery terminals tight? If you grab and twist them is there any play? If so, loosen the connecter a little, get a socket a tad bigger diameter than the battery post, and tap down on it to seat it better then tighten everything up again.

If that doesn't help, take the battery to an auto parts store and have them test it.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom