Diffs

harrisonsims62

Hello!
I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler!
I have a Dana 44 rear diff and a Dana 35 front diff 3.73 gear ratio 5 speed transmission and inline 6
I can drive this vehicle 10-15 minutes and no noise other that a whirling diff but say I take a 45 minute road trip in this vehicle and come to a stop light and or a stop sign and put it in first then turn the wheel and take off while the wheel is turned it makes a really bad noise, when I tell people about this noise I compare it to the sound of a tree twisting and snapping when it stalls to fall.
I’ve owned this jeep for a long time but the noise has gotten worse over time.

Since I’ve owned this jeep I’ve lifted it on rough country’s 4 inch suspension lift and I’ve put 33x12.50 tires on it with 15 inch wheels and then I put the slip yoke eliminator in it also a rough country product, a rear adjustable drive shaft from rough country, and finally rear upper adjustable control arms.

I bought the slip yoke eliminator adjustable drive shaft and control arms to adjust the pinion angle to get rid of my drive line vibration (which I still don’t have totally fixed) I lack rear adjustable lower control arms the fix my pinion angle.

I work at a car dealership and the mechanics there try not to work on anything other than what they specify in but a few guys have given it their best shot and what we’ve come up with is if the noise is happening sooner than it was then it’s gotta be the front and rear diffs.

It’s been making this noise since I’ve owned it for 3 years and it made the noise on stock tires and stock height but not as often.
I’ve also had the frame replaced on this jeep and it still continues to make this noise.

Can anyone help me out here?

Mike honcho himself

Ddays

Hooked
Hello!
I have a 2000 Jeep Wrangler!
I have a Dana 44 rear diff and a Dana 35 front diff 3.73 gear ratio 5 speed transmission and inline 6
I can drive this vehicle 10-15 minutes and no noise other that a whirling diff but say I take a 45 minute road trip in this vehicle and come to a stop light and or a stop sign and put it in first then turn the wheel and take off while the wheel is turned it makes a really bad noise, when I tell people about this noise I compare it to the sound of a tree twisting and snapping when it stalls to fall.
I’ve owned this jeep for a long time but the noise has gotten worse over time.

Since I’ve owned this jeep I’ve lifted it on rough country’s 4 inch suspension lift and I’ve put 33x12.50 tires on it with 15 inch wheels and then I put the slip yoke eliminator in it also a rough country product, a rear adjustable drive shaft from rough country, and finally rear upper adjustable control arms.

I bought the slip yoke eliminator adjustable drive shaft and control arms to adjust the pinion angle to get rid of my drive line vibration (which I still don’t have totally fixed) I lack rear adjustable lower control arms the fix my pinion angle.

I work at a car dealership and the mechanics there try not to work on anything other than what they specify in but a few guys have given it their best shot and what we’ve come up with is if the noise is happening sooner than it was then it’s gotta be the front and rear diffs.

It’s been making this noise since I’ve owned it for 3 years and it made the noise on stock tires and stock height but not as often.
I’ve also had the frame replaced on this jeep and it still continues to make this noise.

Can anyone help me out here?

Mike honcho himself

You work at a car dealership and the mechanics can't diagnose a noise in the axles? :crazyeyes: Why can't they at least pull a diff cover & visually look at it?

** Note to self: Avoid Bristol, Tn for car repairs **

harrisonsims62

You work at a car dealership and the mechanics can't diagnose a noise in the axles? :crazyeyes: Why can't they at least pull a diff cover & visually look at it?

** Note to self: Avoid Bristol, Tn for car repairs **

I haven’t put it through the shop at the dealership I work at cause I was trying to avoid their labor rate, I never said they couldn’t diagnose the issue they’ve just listen to the things I’ve told them. Just about everyone of them say it’s in my diffs but I thought I forum would be helpful.
**not to self please only comment if you’re trying to help.**

Mike honcho himself

Ddays

Hooked
I haven’t put it through the shop at the dealership I work at cause I was trying to avoid their labor rate, I never said they couldn’t diagnose the issue they’ve just listen to the things I’ve told them. Just about everyone of them say it’s in my diffs but I thought I forum would be helpful.
**not to self please only comment if you’re trying to help.**

Mike honcho himself

LOL, the not to self only works if you're referring to Mike Honcho himself making an internal note and not making a statement aimed toward someone else big guy.

You haven’t been here long enough to start getting bitchy with old timers.

Pull your diff cover off. If your spider gears are done, it’ll be evident.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Who the hell you callin an old timer? ;) ^^ Heed some good advice ^^ and do yourself a favor and pull the diff cover like Fiend says & look for yourself. Oil probably needs changed anyways and it's simple to do. Worse that can happen is you get a leak and have to do it over again.

WJCO

Meme King
Guys, This is 'Mike Honcho Himself.' We got a badass here...May not want to push his buttons... :idontknow:

Top Bottom