Thread: To JT or not to JT ...too JT!!

To JT or not to JT ...too JT!!

Hey guys my wife and I are looking at picking one of these bad boys up..... Already planning the build... Question is what lift and 35s or 37s. Love the way 37s look but are they economical enough? With a jk I know going 37s should come with some axle upgrades and brakes..... Anyone know if the JT can run 37s with just a lift? Are these new 44s strong enough? Can the 4.10 gears push them ok or would I loose all towing power? Gas? Help us out!!

What's your long term goal for use? What trim are you thinking? I just picked up a Sport S yesterday with max tow so it has the 4.10s. I LOVE the ride quality and love the power. I really don't want to modify the suspension at all. I met someone today coincidentally that just bought an Overland JT and said the same thing. Both of us are considering 35s and hoping not to lift it. Now if you're just going for looks then do whatever you want.

If you haven't already, join Jlwrangler.com and check out this thread : https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...-Modifications
    There are many tire/lift combinations for JTs.
    Last edited by WJCO; 10-11-2019 at 03:31 AM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Well I think we all are going for looks somewhat lol..... But we want to use it to tow our teardrop camper and do some camping out of it so I'm not dragging our jk all over the place towing. We'd like to do some Wheeling with it so it'll at least need 35s and a leveling kit. The brakeover angle is so bad, she's gotta get a little taller. It won't wheel like the jk but I'd like it to drag that trailer some fun places. We were thinking about either a Rubi or the same route you went! I'd like 37s and a lift but I'm not sure how much it'll affect the drive and ride and if the axles can take them.... Or if the new brakes are big enough. The jk is a little sluggish with 35s and 4.10s pulling that trailer so I'm skeptical. Not sure if the JT would be any better. If not we'll probably go 35s and just level it.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    What's your long term goal for use? What trim are you thinking? I just picked up a Sport S yesterday with max tow so it has the 4.10s. I LOVE the ride quality and love the power. I really don't want to modify the suspension at all. I met someone today coincidentally that just bought an Old JT and said the same thing. Both of us are considering 35s and hoping not to lift it. Now if you're just going for looks then do whatever you want.

If you haven't already, join Jlwrangler.com and check out this thread : https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...-Modifications
    There are many tire/lift combinations for JTs.
    Ok, so why don't we see a post about it?

I looked through the new posts, and don't see a thing. Maybe I'm going blind.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Ok, so why don't we see a post about it?

I looked through the new posts, and don't see a thing. Maybe I'm going blind.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...=1#post1169742

I've been posting on jlwrangler.com as well.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...=1#post1169742

I've been posting on jlwrangler.com as well.
    Not sure how I missed it. It looks great!

I only get on the JL site every few days, so it's easy for me to miss it there.

Glad you got it sooner than later.

I love the color, but not for me to have.

I would have to go with white, grey, or maybe green