Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire Sensor

Tire Sensor

This morning when I was getting in the Jeep, it was 37F at 620 and my tire sensor light appeared.
    Should I air up my tires more, or change my tpsm?

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    My Jeep goes vroom vroom

Quote Originally Posted by Tukozin View Post
    This morning when I was getting in the Jeep, it was 37F at 620 and my tire sensor light appeared.
    Should I air up my tires more, or change my tpsm?

Any thoughts?

Well since its cold your pressure is naturally going to be lower now that the air is more dense. Factory has the sensors set at 28psi (or there about) for the light to come on. Just check your pressures and make sure they are where you want them to be set at.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Gotcha, I'll do that when I get off work. Would it be a problem if I air my tires 5 more PSI? Since it's going to be colder now due to fall (we got winter like season up here).
    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Well since its cold your pressure is naturally going to be lower now that the air is more dense. Factory has the sensors set at 28psi (or there about) for the light to come on. Just check your pressures and make sure they are where you want them to be set at.
    My Jeep goes vroom vroom

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Gotcha, I'll do that when I get off work. Would it be a problem if I air my tires 5 more PSI? Since it's going to be colder now due to fall (we got winter like season up here).

Im pretty sure the factory is set to 35. The lower the go the more it will come on when it gets cold.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37 Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5 Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40 Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Im pretty sure the factory is set to 35. The lower the go the more it will come on when it gets cold.

The sidewall of the tire shows the maximum recommended inflation pressure, which is usually around 45 psi i think. Just keep it below that value by 5-10 psi for safety, and above the 35 psi TPMS limit. I usually need to top off the pressures going into the winter months up north, and i vent a little pressure going to the texas summer heat.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Woodsman View Post
    The sidewall of the tire shows the maximum recommended inflation pressure, which is usually around 45 psi i think. Just keep it below that value by 5-10 psi for safety, and above the 35 psi TPMS limit. I usually need to top off the pressures going into the winter months up north, and i vent a little pressure going to the texas summer heat.

Better advice than this ☝️would be for the OP to find out what is the right pressure for his rig. The above post is just bad advice, IMHO

Chalk test your tires to find out what is right, and run that for maximum tread life as well as maximum traction on the highway.

Here is a good thread to read up on.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...to-run-on-road

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post

Yes factory setting is 35 psi but the Lowest setting for when the tpms light comes on is 28 psi I believe.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Nothing but a Thing Zstairlessone's Avatar

Set them to pressure at what ever temperature you are at, if it calls for 35, do 35 whether its 90 or -25

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Zstairlessone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstairlessone View Post
    Set them to pressure at what ever temperature you are at, if it calls for 35, do 35 whether its 90 or -25

Also, like above - set the pressure for even wear across the tread of the tire (realizing they will need more air if you add weight). If your correct pressure is close to, or below, 28# get a programmer to lower the tpms set points

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    Better advice than this ☝️would be for the OP to find out what is the right pressure for his rig. The above post is just bad advice, IMHO

Chalk test your tires to find out what is right, and run that for maximum tread life as well as maximum traction on the highway.

Here is a good thread to read up on.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...to-run-on-road
    Good point. This is definitely a better approach. I learned something new, so thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast