Tire Sensor

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
This morning when I was getting in the Jeep, it was 37F at 620 and my tire sensor light appeared.
Should I air up my tires more, or change my tpsm?

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well since it’s cold your pressure is naturally going to be lower now that the air is more dense. Factory has the sensors set at 28psi (or there about) for the light to come on. Just check your pressures and make sure they are where you want them to be set at.

Gotcha, I'll do that when I get off work. Would it be a problem if I air my tires 5 more PSI? Since it's going to be colder now due to fall (we got winter like season up here).
Well since it’s cold your pressure is naturally going to be lower now that the air is more dense. Factory has the sensors set at 28psi (or there about) for the light to come on. Just check your pressures and make sure they are where you want them to be set at.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Gotcha, I'll do that when I get off work. Would it be a problem if I air my tires 5 more PSI? Since it's going to be colder now due to fall (we got winter like season up here).

I’m pretty sure the factory is set to 35. The lower the go the more it will come on when it gets cold.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Noble Woodsman

I’m pretty sure the factory is set to 35. The lower the go the more it will come on when it gets cold.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

The sidewall of the tire shows the maximum recommended inflation pressure, which is usually around 45 psi i think. Just keep it below that value by 5-10 psi for safety, and above the 35 psi TPMS limit. I usually need to top off the pressures going into the winter months up north, and i vent a little pressure going to the texas summer heat.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jdofmemi

The sidewall of the tire shows the maximum recommended inflation pressure, which is usually around 45 psi i think. Just keep it below that value by 5-10 psi for safety, and above the 35 psi TPMS limit. I usually need to top off the pressures going into the winter months up north, and i vent a little pressure going to the texas summer heat.

Better advice than this ☝️would be for the OP to find out what is the right pressure for his rig. The above post is just bad advice, IMHO

Chalk test your tires to find out what is right, and run that for maximum tread life as well as maximum traction on the highway.

Here is a good thread to read up on.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/47257-Safe-tire-pressure-to-run-on-road

Zstairlessone

Set them to pressure at what ever temperature you are at, if it calls for 35, do 35 whether it’s 90° or -25°

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Also, like above - set the pressure for even wear across the tread of the tire (realizing they will need more air if you add weight). If your correct pressure is close to, or below, 28# get a programmer to lower the tpms set points

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Noble Woodsman

Better advice than this ☝️would be for the OP to find out what is the right pressure for his rig. The above post is just bad advice, IMHO

Chalk test your tires to find out what is right, and run that for maximum tread life as well as maximum traction on the highway.

Here is a good thread to read up on.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/47257-Safe-tire-pressure-to-run-on-road

Good point. This is definitely a better approach. I learned something new, so thank you!

Slimebones

Good point. This is definitely a better approach. I learned something new, so thank you!

Very humble for you to acknowledge, because as a general rule you seem very educated with your replies. I always appreciate your responses. Seems as if you are a tech, true?

Top Bottom