18 JLUR driver side sits 1" higher than pass side

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Quick background...2018 4dr JLUR. Mopar 2" lift. Cooper STT Pro's 37'' tires, all four same pressure.

I've noticed, while standing behind the jeep, the drivers side sits higher than passenger side. I thought perhaps it was an illusion, but I used measure tape from fender to the ground and in fact drivers side is at least 1" higher front and rear on driver side.

Any idea why?? I would only think springs??

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
I think the JL springs are side specific... maybe they were installed wrong? Just a thought.

I double checked. Tags are still on the springs. 2.0L in the directions shows LR and RR are different numbers. They are installed correctly.
LF and RF show different springs for 3.6L. But... there is another spring on the chart that shows quantity 2, for 2.0L, and the # is the same. Kit sent me these two springs. SO...both fronts according to Mopar chart are same spring. And they are installed that way.

robx251

Caught the Bug
My guess would be is the gas tank is on the passenger side and is full, plus maybe three springs are set up top account for the eight of the driver in the seat

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
My guess would be is the gas tank is on the passenger side and is full, plus maybe three springs are set up top account for the eight of the driver in the seat

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would think if this is true...ALL vehicles would be higher on driver side. Before Mopar springs were installed the Jeep was pretty even.

And gas tank is on driver side.

CalSgt

Hooked
I would think if this is true...ALL vehicles would be higher on driver side. Before Mopar springs were installed the Jeep was pretty even.

Gas cap is on drivers side... Tank is on passenger side

ETA: Make sure the springs and plastic spacers are seated correctly on the pearches

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
18 JLUR driver side sits 1" higher than pass side

Not trying to be a dick, but have you crawled under your Jeep and looked around? If not, you should.

Jeep leans are pretty normal, annoying, but normal. 1” does seem on the high side though.

Noble Woodsman

Not trying to be a dick, but have you crawled under your Jeep and looked around? If not, you should.

LOL i remember crawling under a jku on the showroom floor at the dealership a few years ago before i bought mine. The dealer was standing there awkwardly, probably embarrassed, as customers walked by staring at my brother and me who were on out backs under the truck looking at the exhaust loop nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug

Jeep leans are pretty normal, annoying, but normal. 1” does seem on the high side though.

I do, and he's right it is on Passenger side. Im under it often to look for trail damage. But remembering or caring what side gas tank was on never really registered...that's all. I was on a stone driveway to today and Jeep looked even from the rear. I didn't measure though because I didn't have tape handy.

Side note: Have any of you JL owners had any wear on drag link ends or tie rods? My drag link where connected to pittman arm is a little loose and causing wheel shimmy. Should be warranty...less than 11,000 miles

Top Bottom