Extreme Military-Grade Truck (XMT) - Military Gladiator

Exodus 4x4

I tried reading it and drifted off. I don’t actually see it happening unless the price tag exceeds $150k per unit. Only then would it make sense to the govt to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Pretty cool, but the last paragraph mentioning that no foreign nation can't have a stake in a defense contractor is confusing. Wouldn't FIA then become a defense contractor if this project gets a green light?

fiend

Caught the Bug
Camo wrapped ice cream truck...I’m liking it...

In all seriousness, I’m hoping Jeep does get a military contract...

Pretty cool, but the last paragraph mentioning that no foreign nation can't have a stake in a defense contractor is confusing. Wouldn't FIA then become a defense contractor if this project gets a green light?

I gather it would be AM General that would manufacture the vehicle, under license.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
In my opinion this isn't really the practical for any combat zones. Unless they're armored, I didn't pull up the link so maybe missed that... After seeing what the mines and roadside IEDs have done to vehicles in Iraq I'd rather be in a LAPC or M1 personally. Actually scratch that, I think I'd prefer to be in a C130...

Exodus 4x4

In my opinion this isn't really the practical for any combat zones. Unless they're armored, I didn't pull up the link so maybe missed that... After seeing what the mines and roadside IEDs have done to vehicles in Iraq I'd rather be in a LAPC or M1 personally. Actually scratch that, I think I'd prefer to be in a C130...

I see the Air Force using them and that’s it. No way these things would be used in an actual combat operation.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I don’t see it happening... but if it did, it would most likely be used by small SOF teams. Currently they’re using random local trucks like the Hilux. The perk of using local trucks is they can be left behind. If they buy into this, they gonna need an airstrip to pick them back up or external lift them out which logistically opens up a whole different can of worms.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

desertrunner

I don't think these will ever get used for the military. In my experience everything we use is half ton or bigger and is the classic stripped down work truck version. The gladiator just doesnt fit. And the roles it would fit is taken up by what was already mentioned of using local stuff like Hilux

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Are you saying Air Force guys don't get into actual combat operations?!?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

When I was in Iraq in ‘04, halfway through deployment they actually gave my squad armored hummers that were brand new, completely armored top to bottom, and had air conditioning. We got them from the Air Force lol. To this day I still laugh about how unprepared we were for that shit.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
When I was in Iraq in ‘04, halfway through deployment they actually gave my squad armored hummers that were brand new, completely armored top to bottom, and had air conditioning. We got them from the Air Force lol. To this day I still laugh about how unprepared we were for that shit.

Lol. I’m fairly convinced that they send Marines in with bare minimums to see if it’s even possible.... the scary part is that a lot of times the impossible becomes possible... Marines definitely know how to embrace the suck and bring a lot of humor to it.... until the Air Force rolls in with their air conditioning and Sunday football and shit. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom