Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Rock vs Regular Rubicon Rails

Fresh Catch

Hard Rock vs Regular Rubicon Rails

I currently have the regular Rubicon rails on my JKUR. they have served me well, but sometimes they let rocks get a little close to the body. Someone local is selling at set of hard rock rails with the extra tube for $150. I could sell my current rails and only be out $50 bucks or so. Eventually when budget allows I will upgrade to something else, but for $50 bucks lost it seems like a great purchase. Anyone got any different opinions?
    2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1948 Willy's CJ2A

Hard Rock or RockHard4x4? If RockHard4x4, that's a good price.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/Jeep_Wra...ards_s/257.htm
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by reece_price View Post
    I currently have the regular Rubicon rails on my JKUR. they have served me well, but sometimes they let rocks get a little close to the body. Someone local is selling at set of hard rock rails with the extra tube for $150. I could sell my current rails and only be out $50 bucks or so. Eventually when budget allows I will upgrade to something else, but for $50 bucks lost it seems like a great purchase. Anyone got any different opinions?
    Yeah for 50 bucks go for it. They’ll give you a little better protection.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Hard Rock or RockHard4x4? If RockHard4x4, that's a good price.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/Jeep_Wra...ards_s/257.htm
    Hard Rock not RockHard4x4. Its just the upgraded rock rails, they have a tube welded on

JEP-82210575-Mopar-Rock-Rails-with-Tube-for-07-17-Jeep-Wrangler-JK-_JK-Unlimited-D_1024x1024.jpg
    2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1948 Willy's CJ2A

Quote Originally Posted by reece_price View Post
    Hard Rock not RockHard4x4. Its just the upgraded rock rails, they have a tube welded on

JEP-82210575-Mopar-Rock-Rails-with-Tube-for-07-17-Jeep-Wrangler-JK-_JK-Unlimited-D_1024x1024.jpg
    These were stock on my jeep. I cannot speak to functionality, but they seem like strong rails. I haven't had a chance to torture test them. I've heard they will show more damage versus some of the more robust aftermarket options out there.

Knows a Thing or Two DeJkUnlimited's Avatar
    My off road experience is limited to 2 trips to Rausch Creek with a couple groups from here. My Hard Rock rails took some hits and held up with the exception of the texture getting carved off but that kinda goes without saying. I’d say for $50 they’re a nice upgrade and actually provide a “step” as well. You could probably recoup your $ at a later date if you don’t beat the shit out of them.

If anything they work as an ALRIGHT step for the vertically challenged. I had some on one of my JKs and they are definitely stronger than the standard rubi rails. I’d do it!

Been Around the Block PokerStogey's Avatar
    I have beat the crap out of my Hard Rock rails since 2016 and they have more than surprised me. Other than the coating being cut and scarred, they have functioned very well in my opinion. For a net cost of $50, I’d jump on them. IMG_8264.jpg

My factory rubi rails have held up amazingly well so I can only imagine the hard rock. I’ve been looking for a set for myself honestly. Either that or the recon sliders

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Knows a Thing or Two trailraider's Avatar
    my wife likes them. she is short and uses them to get in , as they are wider and you can step on them.
    Jeep- Adult version of lego

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast