Hard Rock vs Regular Rubicon Rails

reece_price

I currently have the regular Rubicon rails on my JKUR. they have served me well, but sometimes they let rocks get a little close to the body. Someone local is selling at set of hard rock rails with the extra tube for $150. I could sell my current rails and only be out $50 bucks or so. Eventually when budget allows I will upgrade to something else, but for $50 bucks lost it seems like a great purchase. Anyone got any different opinions?

fiend

Caught the Bug
I currently have the regular Rubicon rails on my JKUR. they have served me well, but sometimes they let rocks get a little close to the body. Someone local is selling at set of hard rock rails with the extra tube for $150. I could sell my current rails and only be out $50 bucks or so. Eventually when budget allows I will upgrade to something else, but for $50 bucks lost it seems like a great purchase. Anyone got any different opinions?

Yeah for 50 bucks go for it. They’ll give you a little better protection.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Hard Rock not RockHard4x4. Its just the upgraded rock rails, they have a tube welded on

View attachment 336399

These were stock on my jeep. I cannot speak to functionality, but they seem like strong rails. I haven't had a chance to torture test them. I've heard they will show more damage versus some of the more robust aftermarket options out there.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
My off road experience is limited to 2 trips to Rausch Creek with a couple groups from here. My Hard Rock rails took some hits and held up with the exception of the texture getting carved off but that kinda goes without saying. I’d say for $50 they’re a nice upgrade and actually provide a “step” as well. You could probably recoup your $ at a later date if you don’t beat the shit out of them.

Napalm

If anything they work as an ALRIGHT step for the vertically challenged. I had some on one of my JKs and they are definitely stronger than the standard rubi rails. I’d do it!

PokerStogey

I have beat the crap out of my Hard Rock rails since 2016 and they have more than surprised me. Other than the coating being cut and scarred, they have functioned very well in my opinion. For a net cost of $50, I’d jump on them. IMG_8264.jpg

longarmwj

My factory rubi rails have held up amazingly well so I can only imagine the hard rock. I’ve been looking for a set for myself honestly. Either that or the recon sliders

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I made mine by welding on a tube to my factory rock rails and me and my wife use them as a step and I Like having a little more room from my heel and the sliders .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom