Help! Shops in Northern Wisconsin or the UP

ZachJKUR

Any wayalifers out there know of a shop that'll balance beadlocks in Northern Wisconsin or the UP? My alternative is balance beads, which coming from MTRs can't be much worse, but still not ideal.

Thanks dudes! [emoji869]

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Don’t know of any in particular, but I suggest you try an independent. It’s been my experience that they are more willing to work with customers that might have special needs vs chains that have policies. Good luck!

Ddays

Hooked
Any wayalifers out there know of a shop that'll balance beadlocks in Northern Wisconsin or the UP? My alternative is balance beads, which coming from MTRs can't be much worse, but still not ideal.

Thanks dudes! [emoji869]

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Don't waste any time with those damn beads - they do not work. Even though there are numerous threads & posts here saying they're garbage, I tried them because I couldn't find anyone that would balance mine when they started to wear after initial install. Did absolutely nothing except waste my time remounting the goddam rings.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’ve still had the best luck with Discount Tire. It may take them a few tries, but they’ve always been able to balance my BFG KM2s

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

ZachJKUR

Don't waste any time with those damn beads - they do not work. Even though there are numerous threads & posts here saying they're garbage, I tried them because I couldn't find anyone that would balance mine when they started to wear after initial install. Did absolutely nothing except waste my time remounting the goddam rings.

That was my impression. Its more of a last resort if I cant find a shop that'll do it.

I’ve still had the best luck with Discount Tire. It may take them a few tries, but they’ve always been able to balance my BFG KM2s

I called and they said is company policy that they can't do beadlocks, besides - the closest one is about 2 hours.

Don’t know of any in particular, but I suggest you try an independent. It’s been my experience that they are more willing to work with customers that might have special needs vs chains that have policies. Good luck!

So far I have had no luck but still looking. Thanks!

wjtstudios

Hooked
I called and they said is company policy that they can't do beadlocks, besides - the closest one is about 2 hours.

So far I have had no luck but still looking. Thanks![\QUOTE]

They won’t mount the bead locks , but they will balance them. You’ll have to mount them and bring them to them for balancing. That may be common in a lot of shops.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They won’t mount the bead locks , but they will balance them. You’ll have to mount them and bring them to them for balancing. That may be common in a lot of shops.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Maybe yours does but the majority do not. I used to get mine done there but about 2 years ago they cracked down hard. I even got to know one of the managers there who said he would totally do it but would get if trouble if he got caught.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

CalSgt

Hooked
Some shops may be more apt to balance beadlocks if you bring them in off of the vehicle. In CA where most beadlocks are not street legal the large chain stores won't even bolt them on the vehicle for liability reasons.

When I worked in a tire shop we were aloud to get away with things like mounting bald tires or damaged rims for people who claimed they were for ranch trailers, farm implements or race cars that were not being used on public roads which was usually legitimate. Tell them they are going on your Ultra4 race buggy.

Top Bottom