Desperately need new coils

Prosthetist

Hope you guys can help me out. I've recently installed a 2 inch lift, OME springs with Rancho 9000 shocks. I have an aev front bumper and winch with synthetic line. The ride is really bad over bumps, pot holes and corrugated roads. It's jarring and feel every bump through the car. I also did all the necessary geometry correction adjustments.

It's similar to the stock ride I think. After the lift I started off with the standard Goodyear wranglers then moved to a 285 75r17 geolandar LT tyre on 27 psi. Both felt similar.
Shocks are set at 3 but will move back up to 4 as it's too wobbly.

Im considering either synergy 2 inch coils or evo 3inch Plush coils. Which of the two would be more comfortable on road? I understand I'll need to change a few extra things to get the 3 inch lift but if it means it'll be more comfortable than the synergy, I am willing to do it. I'm looking for that 'Cadillac ride'. My LT tyres probably aren't doing me well too.

Last edited:
I would either go with the plush rides or if you want to stick with two inches of lift you could get the Rancho coils. I have that setup and they ride slightly better than stock IMO.

Hope you guys can help me out. I've recently installed a 2 inch lift, OME springs with Rancho 9000 shocks. I have an aev front bumper and winch with synthetic line. The ride is really bad over bumps, pot holes and corrugated roads. It's jarring and feel every bump through the car. I also did all the necessary geometry correction adjustments.

It's similar to the stock ride I think. After the lift I started off with the standard Goodyear wranglers then moved to a 285 75r17 geolandar LT tyre on 27 psi. Both felt similar.

Im considering either synergy 2 inch coils or evo 3inch Plush coils. Which of the two would be more comfortable on road? I understand I'll need to change a few extra things to get the 3 inch lift but if it means it'll be more comfortable than the synergy, I am willing to do it. I'm looking for that 'Cadillac ride'. My LT tyres probably aren't doing me well too.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Another vote for the plush rides. I have the 4” and they are much better than stock.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

-AINOKEA-

Hooked

First, welcome. Second, you’re driving a Jeep with straight axles. You’ll never get the “Cadillac ride” but you can a little close with softer coils. As mentioned, Rancho would probably be the best if you wanna stay at 2”. If you’re running 285s you could also get away with an evo leveling kit and be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
First, welcome. Second, you’re driving a Jeep with straight axles. You’ll never get the “Cadillac ride” but you can a little close with softer coils. As mentioned, Rancho would probably be the best if you wanna stay at 2”. If you’re running 285s you could also get away with an evo leveling kit and be fine.

I disagree. My ride is Cadillac like.

IMG_8280.jpg

Angry Aussie

No such thing as a Cadillac Ride in a Jeep. I wish there was. I think the only thing close to a Cadillac ride is Coilovers. Your driving a lifted Jeep, it won’t ever feel as smooth as a new car or truck.

I’d go with Evos plush ride coils if I was you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jjlong

So which of the 2 above springs will soak the bumps better?
Springs are there to hold the Jeep up, not to soak up the bumps. That's what your shocks are for. I have the Evo plush ride springs which combined with a quality shock (like Kings) will ride amazing! My first lift was Rough Country which included shocks and the ride was HORRIBLE! Turned out the shocks were too soft and they sold a stiff spring to compensate for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug

Your shocks are adjustable. I’d experiment with various settings before deciding that fault lies with the coils. Or maybe you’ve already done that?

G-mansjk

One of the best things you can do is not call your jeep a freaking car!!!! And go with plush rides Haha!!!

That's right I'm a window licker, I can't spell, and my grammar sucks!!!!

JKbrick

I have a 2 door on 3” plush rides and I think the ride is great. The Fox shocks I have are stiff going slow but nice at speed. But,,, the 3” springs will give you 4” of lift

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I'm running Synergy rear springs and evo plush rides up front with rs9000s. It's got a pretty decent ride for a lifted 2 door jeep. I'll be switching to 3" Evo plush rides all the way around shortly though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prosthetist

The OME springs i have, the front is made for a bumper with no winch (I have a winch) the rear springs i have are made for a jk with no weight ie. No rear bumper, draws etc. So I don't have their heavy springs.

My tires are a load range E 121/118S so that could be a contributing factor.

I have about 2 inches of space between the front bump stops and the bump stop plate. The rear has even more room

I've decided to pull the trigger on Evo 3 inch Plush ride coils since I want a bit extra ground clearance anyway and have heard good things about them. I found a buyer for my current springs and shocks.

I've tried almost every setting on the shocks with no luck. I even dropped my psi to 26 while the tires were warmed up, still no good.

Im going to see if I can exchange the tires for falken wildpeak at3w in 270/75 17 which is a C load range tire. The at3w has a load rating of 114/110s which should be a more comfortable compared to the geolandar i currently have.

I believe I'll benefit from going up to the 3 inch lift because if decide to go down slightly in a tire size, i will lose a bit of ground clearance, i was already scraping my belly on this lift so hopefully I should be a bit better off

Prosthetist

I might even bite the bullet and get kings remote reservoir shocks, do we think they will run more smooth over corrugated roads and soak the bumps better than the Rancho 9000xl shocks?

jdofmemi

I might even bite the bullet and get kings remote reservoir shocks, do we think they will run more smooth over corrugated roads and soak the bumps better than the Rancho 9000xl shocks?

They are definitely worth it.

I didn't realize how good they were until I had to throw some 9000's on the rear so I can get my Kings repaired since I damaged both rears. You can really tell the difference.

Top Bottom