Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desperately need new coils

Fresh Catch

Desperately need new coils

Hope you guys can help me out. I've recently installed a 2 inch lift, OME springs with Rancho 9000 shocks. I have an aev front bumper and winch with synthetic line. The ride is really bad over bumps, pot holes and corrugated roads. It's jarring and feel every bump through the car. I also did all the necessary geometry correction adjustments.

It's similar to the stock ride I think. After the lift I started off with the standard Goodyear wranglers then moved to a 285 75r17 geolandar LT tyre on 27 psi. Both felt similar.
    Shocks are set at 3 but will move back up to 4 as it's too wobbly.

Im considering either synergy 2 inch coils or evo 3inch Plush coils. Which of the two would be more comfortable on road? I understand I'll need to change a few extra things to get the 3 inch lift but if it means it'll be more comfortable than the synergy, I am willing to do it. I'm looking for that 'Cadillac ride'. My LT tyres probably aren't doing me well too.
    Last edited by Prosthetist; 10-17-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Knows a Thing or Two tastethebeast's Avatar
    I would either go with the plush rides or if you want to stick with two inches of lift you could get the Rancho coils. I have that setup and they ride slightly better than stock IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Prosthetist View Post
    Hope you guys can help me out. I've recently installed a 2 inch lift, OME springs with Rancho 9000 shocks. I have an aev front bumper and winch with synthetic line. The ride is really bad over bumps, pot holes and corrugated roads. It's jarring and feel every bump through the car. I also did all the necessary geometry correction adjustments.

It's similar to the stock ride I think. After the lift I started off with the standard Goodyear wranglers then moved to a 285 75r17 geolandar LT tyre on 27 psi. Both felt similar.

Im considering either synergy 2 inch coils or evo 3inch Plush coils. Which of the two would be more comfortable on road? I understand I'll need to change a few extra things to get the 3 inch lift but if it means it'll be more comfortable than the synergy, I am willing to do it. I'm looking for that 'Cadillac ride'. My LT tyres probably aren't doing me well too.

Another vote for the plush rides. I have the 4” and they are much better than stock.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

First, welcome. Second, you’re driving a Jeep with straight axles. You’ll never get the “Cadillac ride” but you can a little close with softer coils. As mentioned, Rancho would probably be the best if you wanna stay at 2”. If you’re running 285s you could also get away with an evo leveling kit and be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by -AINOKEA- View Post
    First, welcome. Second, you’re driving a Jeep with straight axles. You’ll never get the “Cadillac ride” but you can a little close with softer coils. As mentioned, Rancho would probably be the best if you wanna stay at 2”. If you’re running 285s you could also get away with an evo leveling kit and be fine.

I disagree. My ride is Cadillac like.

IMG_8280.jpg

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Nothing but a Thing Angry Aussie's Avatar
    No such thing as a Cadillac Ride in a Jeep. I wish there was. I think the only thing close to a Cadillac ride is Coilovers. Your driving a lifted Jeep, it won’t ever feel as smooth as a new car or truck.

I’d go with Evos plush ride coils if I was you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I disagree. My ride is Cadillac like.

IMG_8280.jpg

That is an awesome rig.. but I think rigs that ride like that are the exception

Fresh Catch
    So which of the 2 above springs will soak the bumps better?

I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that evo plush and Rancho coils are the same. Could be wrong though.

Springs are there to hold the Jeep up, not to soak up the bumps. That's what your shocks are for. I have the Evo plush ride springs which combined with a quality shock (like Kings) will ride amazing! My first lift was Rough Country which included shocks and the ride was HORRIBLE! Turned out the shocks were too soft and they sold a stiff spring to compensate for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast