Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Oil do you use on your Jeep?

What Oil do you use on your Jeep?

I was considering Mobile 1, and people say good and bad. Just seeing what you guys use and change every how many miles, 3,5,7+ miles

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    My Jeep goes vroom vroom

I run Mobil 1 and change it every 3-4K miles
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I run the simple parts store stuff. I've always used basic cheap oil (excluding newer German cars because they're picky). All oils should have an SAE grade. I still change it every 3 months or 3000 miles.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Been Around the Block Jaybird 11's Avatar
    Walmart super tech. 277000 on my liberty with it. Change it every 5 to 6 thousand.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two Battle Born JK's Avatar
    I use Royal Purple, change every 5 thousand or so. I dont know if it's over kill but jeep runs good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hooked
    Any oil that meets the OEM specs should perform well given routine oil changes. The Synthetic oil change frequency is a little longer than conventional oils but you pay more for the synthetic oils. I personally run Mobil 1 in all my vehicles with a 7k oil change frequency, but have run Dino oil at 4K oil change frequency successfully for a long time as well.

I would choose synthetic oil in the jeeps for trail use due to lower rpms, extended idling, and higher engine temps. The synthetic oils will out perform Dino oils - more resistance to thermal breakdown.

The real question is what oil filter are you using? Don’t go cheap on them, ever! Look at the efficiency ratings, as you want one >99%. Pay the extra few $ for a high efficiency filter.

Also keep your air filter changed with a quality filter. A dirty air filter will cause elevated oil particulate counts and with a shitty oil filter results in accelerated engine wear (bearings, rings, cylinder walls, rockers, etc.).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Quote Originally Posted by bmkrinne View Post
    Any oil that meets the OEM specs should perform well given routine oil changes. The Synthetic oil change frequency is a little longer than conventional oils but you pay more for the synthetic oils. I personally run Mobil 1 in all my vehicles with a 7k oil change frequency, but have run Dino oil at 4K oil change frequency successfully for a long time as well.

I would choose synthetic oil in the jeeps for trail use due to lower rpms, extended idling, and higher engine temps. The synthetic oils will out perform Dino oils - more resistance to thermal breakdown.

The real question is what oil filter are you using? Don’t go cheap on them, ever! Look at the efficiency ratings, as you want one >99%. Pay the extra few $ for a high efficiency filter.

Also keep your air filter changed with a quality filter. A dirty air filter will cause elevated oil particulate counts and with a shitty oil filter results in accelerated engine wear (bearings, rings, cylinder walls, rockers, etc.).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    I agree on spending extra $ to keep it longer, I saw the name but I forgot it. I'll look at it today after work and post a picture of it. I'm still updating my Jeeps booklet, on things I have and what I use, in case something happens in the future.

Last edited by Tukozin; 10-18-2019 at 07:21 PM.
    My Jeep goes vroom vroom

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird 11 View Post
    Walmart super tech. 277000 on my liberty with it. Change it every 5 to 6 thousand.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I'm a bit iffy/skeptical on the Walmart changing oils and tires, wheels etc. I've heard great things and very bad things.

My Jeep goes vroom vroom

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    I run Mobil 1 and change it every 3-4K miles
    That's what I got currently until this Sunday I'll be taking it for the oil change. Thanks!

My Jeep goes vroom vroom

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Born JK View Post
    I use Royal Purple, change every 5 thousand or so. I dont know if it's over kill but jeep runs good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Isn't that really expensive? Or is it just me

My Jeep goes vroom vroom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast