How is shit like this acceptable?

Ddays

Hooked
This ad is supposedly going to be posted on a billboard in Times Square. How is this acceptable to any person, regardless of gender, race, political affiliation, anything?
Regardless of how you feel about President Trump, this imagery should outrage you. Instead, it's praised by the "woke population" as showing courage. Man, I must be getting old.
What a sad state we've fallen into...:grayno:

DHVANI_ad_campaign_c0-156-1336-934_s885x516.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
This ad is supposedly going to be posted on a billboard in Times Square. How is this acceptable to any person, regardless of gender, race, political affiliation, anything?
Regardless of how you feel about President Trump, this imagery should outrage you. Instead, it's praised by the "woke population" as showing courage. Man, I must be getting old.

View attachment 336595

Are you coming to see it in person [emoji13]????

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
“Supposedly.” We’ll see.

Did you see the video, shown at a recent republican convention, of Trump murdering various democrats and media people?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I honestly think things are too far broken and divided for us to ever be united again. 9/11 brought everyone together for a couple months but I don’t think that even would anymore. It makes me sick.

Ddays

Hooked
“Supposedly.” We’ll see.

Did you see the video, shown at a recent republican convention, of Trump murdering various democrats and media people?

I did see that - it was actually posted last year and these nutjobs found it and showed it at that conference. I thought that was retarded as well. Again, I'm not saying don't pick on Trump - he's making his own bed, but the violence on display and even implicitly promoted by these attention grabbing campaigns, is doing nothing to help promote civility.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I did see that - it was actually posted last year and these nutjobs found it and showed it at that conference. I thought that was retarded as well. Again, I'm not saying don't pick on Trump - he's making his own bed, but the violence on display and even implicitly promoted by these attention grabbing campaigns, is doing nothing to help promote civility.

I fear the genie is out of the bottle, the tooth paste can’t be put back in to tube, the horses have left the stable, blah blah blah. We’re not going back to civility. This is the new reality.

Ddays

Hooked
I fear the genie is out of the bottle, the tooth paste can’t be put back in to tube, the horses have left the stable, blah blah blah. We’re not going back to civility. This is the new reality.

Yup. Was thinking these times remind me of the 60's-70's with the upheaval during the Vietnam War. I was just a little tyke but I remember shit was jacked up back then too.

WJCO

Meme King
A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Divide and conquer.

That's what it's all about. Everyone can say 'United We Stand' all they want but it's all about division. Trump, Obama, blacks, whites, homo, straight, blah, blah, blah.

Ddays

Hooked
If you remember the 60's, you weren't there!!!

LOL, ok ok, it was mostly the 70's...

A house divided against itself cannot stand.

Divide and conquer.

That's what it's all about. Everyone can say 'United We Stand' all they want but it's all about division. Trump, Obama, blacks, whites, homo, straight, blah, blah, blah.

Extremes drive a wedge between the moderates.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

View attachment 336595

In comparison to the hanging of Obama dolls and billboards?

View attachment 336598

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Both are in poor taste.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
It seems to me it's really about a lack of tolerance of other peoples views. In a lot of cases the people most vocally preaching tolerance have the least tolerance if you disagree with them.

Ddays

Hooked
Both are in poor taste.

Absolutely, but the difference in this instance is that the Obama deal was done by one or at most a couple of idiotic assholes whereas the Trump ad is an actual planned promotion by a company and evidently accepted and approved by a billboard company.

IDK, this just struck me as totally misguided and offensive in general, not because of a political ideology. It's one thing for an individual to do a mashup on their own, but for a company to embrace something like this is surprising.

Top Bottom