Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jk big brake kit and 15" wheels?

After looking at the pictures of the rotors theres deffinatly no cutting them down to factory height. I'm going to pull one of the rotors off my dads jeep and see how much clearancing it would need for the bigger unit bearing. Thanks for the input guys!

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Yep. I had to grind a little off of the rear calipers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Were you running any spacers? I was thinking 1.75" spacers would give me enough backspacing with factory 17" wheels. Thanks

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danford.lau View Post
    Any issues with Progrips on 17” KMc machetes ? Seems like a common combo . Hoping no surprises before I go to install next weekend .

Dynatrac has a size template, and information on some popular wheels on their website, if I remember correctly. It really isn’t that big of a deal, to give the calipers a little haircut if you have to, though.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpefy3 View Post
    Were you running any spacers? I was thinking 1.75" spacers would give me enough backspacing with factory 17" wheels. Thanks
    Wheels had 4.75” backspace. I really only ground a little off, so the existing tape weights wouldn’t rub. It was a tight fit, so I didn’t want weights to get knocked off, if a shop changed them around a little. It isn’t a big deal to grind a little off of a caliper.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

For anyone interested. My j8 5x5.5 unit bearing came in. Making it work with the factory brakes just isnt worth it to me. The brake rotor would have to be opened up along with the unit bearing would still need to be turned down. The diameter of the new unit bearing is a quite a bit larger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12