Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Dude what the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by -AINOKEA- View Post
    Awesome!

Yeah, I'm pissed about not having the Jeep, but a new engine is kind of sweet. I would have prefer no problems at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    Dude what the hell?

They said something about a bad crankshaft.

Sent from my SM-G930U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    HEY YOU... yeah you... NO, the other guy. Nice Jeep!

Quote Originally Posted by Shantz View Post
    Yeah, I'm pissed about not having the Jeep, but a new engine is kind of sweet. I would have prefer no problems at all.They said something about a bad crankshaft.

I’m very confused how you went from maintenance. To check rockers. To bad I take. To crank is trashed. Really like to hear the full story here instead of the cliff notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    I’m very confused how you went from maintenance. To check rockers. To bad I take. To crank is trashed. Really like to hear the full story here instead of the cliff notes.

From what I can tell... they were just going to do a compression test to start. FCA told them to check the rockers. While checking the rockers they saw bad intakes. Replaced the rockers and intakes. Put it back together, went to start it, the Jeep wouldn't turn over. Using his words"something is bumping against something" which is keeping it from turning over. They couldn't turn it over to even begin the timing.

My thoughts are, when they put the engine back together, the cam and the crank were so far off. They put the timing chain on, and went to fire it up, they shredded the engine. Just my guess.

I drove the Jeep in to service. I can't see any other way that it could be so catastrophic that it would warrant a new engine. It's all VERY weird to me.

They can't get a new engine until Dec 2nd. Stuck in the rental until then.

HEY YOU... yeah you... NO, the other guy. Nice Jeep!

New warning light... HOORAY!

Yeah that’s a lot of weird things happening. I would agree they likely messed up timing and then turned it over ruining valves and scoring pistons. And the dealership is likely on the hook for the engine now. But the rockers and the intake I haven’t seen anyone else commenting on needing to be checked at all.

You would think other people have ran into the same thing by now if there is a factory issue.

Sucks you have to wait another month. Might want to look around for other dealer options if you never get a true understanding of how exactly they managed to smoke a newish engine. Unless they’re claiming that the original misfire was a cam or rocker failure to begin with, in which case I didn’t see why they’d be messing around with intake etc if then engine was already deemed bad.

Last edited by Snboarder113; 11-05-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123