LOBSTAH QUEST Part 2 : JL/JT Experience - Check In & Wheeling NORA New York

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After spending the better part of 4 days on the road and covering almost 3,000 miles along the way, Cindy and I finally made it out to Newburgh, New York, the starting point of Lobster Quest - the Nitto JL/JT Experience presented by KMC Wheels! As always, the first day was a fun one being that we got hook up with old friends and make some new ones as well and being that this was the year of the all new Jeep JT Gladiator, it was great to see PSC, Skyjacker, Drixtin and even Randy showing up with theirs. Better still, most of these trucks were running EVO suspension systems, one had a Hellcat HEMI under the hood and all were running Dana Ultimate UD60 axles pushing 40" tires. Of course, being that we were in Newburgh and staying at a hotel right next to the world famous Orange County Choppers, that's where we got to finish up our day and complete with tour of their facility and dinner as well.

The first official day of Lobster Quest took us out to Ellenville, New York and to an off-road park known as, Northeast Off-Road Adventures or NORA for short. I should note that this is a private park that does require a fee to use but it is one that offers 4WD training, driving tours and event programs on it's 75 acres of trails. Given the limited amount of off-road options available in the New York area, it really is awesome that the good people at NORA have created this place for people to use. For our purposes, we were truly grateful that they would allow us to take on their trails, soak in the beauty and shake down our Jeep JT Gladiators (most for the very first time) and JL Wranglers on the fun obstacles they had.

We hope you enjoy watching all the fun we had and hope you'll check back soon for more.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video and haven't done so already, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do take a guess as to how long Part 3 will be and post up your answer here. The person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

SHOTGLASSES SMALL.jpg

UPDATE: And the person who came the closest to guessing the time of Part 3 is...

All I can say is wow, some slick rock out that way! Great video as always.
I say 25:25

Congratulations briand!!

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JL/JT Experience sponsors.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Me: I got to go to sleep, I got a client early tomorrow morning...

YouTube: Eddie posted a video

Me: Sleep is overrated...

:D

Great episode!

29:52

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TrailHunter

Hooked
Looks like you are wheeling in freshly drained fish tank out there... slick stuff. The Trees do look bad ass though. Cool Part 2.

31:53

72blubyu

Its awesome to think you are wheeling places we get to that are only 45 minutes from where we live. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

All the moss! The gladiators might be a bit long but they look right at home playing on the big stuff. Reminds me of wheeling in the northwest a bit. Can’t wait for part 3. Guessing 31:10

bkac

Caught the Bug
Great first day! Awesome recap [emoji1360] I think we are all learning wheel speed the first day vs west coast wheeling, well all of us but Dave! [emoji13]
32:11

jeeeep

Hooked
beautiful area!

T-shirts were a good idea :thumb:

Definitely a different style of wheeling!

Watching the JT on some of those turns, surprised at how far the bed shifts into the turn. Looked like it was shifting almost the full tire width.

Not bouncing right up after drinking and lack of sleep...well, that's aging

The brain says do it man, easy as pie...body, not so much - more of a big FU, i'll get you later :cheesy:

looking forward to the next video! 29:45

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Definitely have to use that skinny pedal a bit more out this way! Great video, and great views this time of year.

Video 3 guess - 37:11

Coop

Caught the Bug
Awesome video! Really shows eastern trail difficulties! Love the JT! 39:25

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Really enjoyed this video! You guys essentially have to learn two new wheeling styles in one trip right from the get go. Longer wheel base and slick tight trails

Dave was funny.... “watch the fuck out then...” lol

Top Bottom