Rotapax Install

tengland

I just installed new rotapax gas and water carriers this weekend. Easy install, and gives a little extra piece of mind when wheeling in the middle of nowhere... IMG_1209.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tengland

Does your door open all the way? (To the end of the limiting strap)

It does bump into the containers, but only when door is at end of the limiting strap and it’s barely touching. This is with two 2-gallon packs. Not sure if the 3-gallon would be different

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
It does bump into the containers, but only when door is at end of the limiting strap and it’s barely touching. This is with two 2-gallon packs. Not sure if the 3-gallon would be different

Hopefully it doesn’t cause damage say if a gust of wind catches your door.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone run them there instead of the tailgate or carrier. Any reason you chose that spot?

tengland

Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone run them there instead of the tailgate or carrier. Any reason you chose that spot?

Several reasons. For one, I can carry 8 gallons without having to reinforce my tailgate (I installed these on both the driver and passenger sides). For another, I actually kind of like the look.

And if I ever change my mind they would be easy to uninstall. Potential reasons to uninstall? Horrible highway gas mileage, or degradation of crawling performance. I haven’t yet tested those two but will later this month...

Top Bottom