door cylinder

Ok, laugh now and get it out of the way. I recently bought OEM half doors. The description stated that programable key cylinder....yea right. The picture is what I got. It has inner and outer cylinder housing, springs, lube and front finish plates in black and chrome. It doesn't include pins. I'm not a lock smith but what am I supposed to do with this? Has anyone done some locksmithing and can help me out. I bought the bolt replacement cylinder that was supposed to fit and guess what, it has different configuration and won't work. I'm about to take the cylinders out of my full doors and put thing in the half doors...Ugg.:mad::mad: 20191022_143532.jpg

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I've bought the programmable home locks before. Typically there is a pin you insert in the cylinder to clear the tumbler stops offset from the spot for the key, insert that pin into it's slot, insert your key, cycle it once, pull the pin out, and then your lock should be keyed.

Theses types of locks are typically dog shit, but better to have a lock than nothing. My home security is several LARGE dogs and a 12 ga shotgun if they get past those lazy bastards...

I'm not familiar with these oem half doors, but I would assume it's the same concept. Not seeing the components though, I could be wrong...

Anyways, hope this helps. Good luck!

Resolved

I took lovks off fulldoors and they work great. I got doors off Quadratec. They are OEM. Now I can buy pins and tr ti locksmithing at a leasurely pace. Halfdoors are awesome. As for home security...I'm with u on owning a 12gauge and a dog... mine is a little rat terrier the only problem i have is which 12 gauge or pistol to choose from for self defence. Lol

bkac

Caught the Bug
When I did mine I dropped a key and the tumblers off at a locksmith locally. They had them done in a few hours and charged me $25. I thought that was fair and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

RSQCON

I recently bought a set of factory half doors. Just got them back from paint and finished assembling them. The kit I bought came with everything except the pins. I went down to my local dealer. 30 minutes later and $15 lighter in my pocket I walked out with a spare key cut to match and pinned key lock cylinders.

Top Bottom