Thread: door cylinder

Caught the Bug

door cylinder

Ok, laugh now and get it out of the way. I recently bought OEM half doors. The description stated that programable key cylinder....yea right. The picture is what I got. It has inner and outer cylinder housing, springs, lube and front finish plates in black and chrome. It doesn't include pins. I'm not a lock smith but what am I supposed to do with this? Has anyone done some locksmithing and can help me out. I bought the bolt replacement cylinder that was supposed to fit and guess what, it has different configuration and won't work. I'm about to take the cylinders out of my full doors and put thing in the half doors...Ugg. 20191022_143532.jpg

I've bought the programmable home locks before. Typically there is a pin you insert in the cylinder to clear the tumbler stops offset from the spot for the key, insert that pin into it's slot, insert your key, cycle it once, pull the pin out, and then your lock should be keyed.

Theses types of locks are typically dog shit, but better to have a lock than nothing. My home security is several LARGE dogs and a 12 ga shotgun if they get past those lazy bastards...

I'm not familiar with these oem half doors, but I would assume it's the same concept. Not seeing the components though, I could be wrong...

Anyways, hope this helps. Good luck!

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Where’d you get it from? They have instructions on website, or a YouTube video ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

A local locksmith might be able to get you all set for a few bucks. Good luck

Caught the Bug

Resolved

I took lovks off fulldoors and they work great. I got doors off Quadratec. They are OEM. Now I can buy pins and tr ti locksmithing at a leasurely pace. Halfdoors are awesome. As for home security...I'm with u on owning a 12gauge and a dog... mine is a little rat terrier the only problem i have is which 12 gauge or pistol to choose from for self defence. Lol

When I did mine I dropped a key and the tumblers off at a locksmith locally. They had them done in a few hours and charged me $25. I thought that was fair and easy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Not "living" but "loving" life always!