Thread: Inner Fender

Hooked

Inner Fender

Any other JT owners have their inner fend sucked in by the tire? I was on a road trip to get my Dad after he had some medical issues. While I was pulling into a gas station I heard this grinding from the drivers side. After I noticed the issue on the drivers side I saw the same thing on the passenger. Also anyone who knows how to rotate pics would be a great help!

20191017_154335.jpg

20191017_154346.jpg

20191017_154401.jpg
    Last edited by WJCO; 10-23-2019 at 02:40 PM.

I recall reading something about this a couple months ago. IIRC, inner fender material was too thin and it would warp and not stay in place. I also recall something about Jeep updated the part with thicker plastic. I'll try to find it.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I recall reading something about this a couple months ago. IIRC, inner fender material was too thin and it would warp and not stay in place. I also recall something about Jeep updated the part with thicker plastic. I'll try to find it.
    Thanks for help with the pics. I guess it's good to know that there was other issues and not isolated. I'll see what they say when I take it in for my rear drive shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by jasont0311 View Post
    Any other JT owners have their inner fend sucked in by the tire? I was on a road trip to get my Dad after he had some medical issues. While I was pulling into a gas station I heard this grinding from the drivers side. After I noticed the issue on the drivers side I saw the same thing on the passenger. Also anyone who knows how to rotate pics would be a great help!
    Here you go. New parts updated.

tsb.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Hooked
    You are a ninja with the interwebs! Thank you!