Inner Fender

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Any other JT owners have their inner fend sucked in by the tire? I was on a road trip to get my Dad after he had some medical issues. While I was pulling into a gas station I heard this grinding from the drivers side. After I noticed the issue on the drivers side I saw the same thing on the passenger. Also anyone who knows how to rotate pics would be a great help!

20191017_154335.jpg

20191017_154346.jpg

20191017_154401.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
I recall reading something about this a couple months ago. IIRC, inner fender material was too thin and it would warp and not stay in place. I also recall something about Jeep updated the part with thicker plastic. I'll try to find it.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I recall reading something about this a couple months ago. IIRC, inner fender material was too thin and it would warp and not stay in place. I also recall something about Jeep updated the part with thicker plastic. I'll try to find it.

Thanks for help with the pics. I guess it's good to know that there was other issues and not isolated. I'll see what they say when I take it in for my rear drive shaft.

WJCO

Meme King
Any other JT owners have their inner fend sucked in by the tire? I was on a road trip to get my Dad after he had some medical issues. While I was pulling into a gas station I heard this grinding from the drivers side. After I noticed the issue on the drivers side I saw the same thing on the passenger. Also anyone who knows how to rotate pics would be a great help!

Here you go. New parts updated.

tsb.jpg

johnlernert

Banned
Here you go. New parts updated.

View attachment 336852

The primary purpose of these liners is to prevent slush, road salt, and other debris from being kicked up into your wheel wells and potentially even making their way into your engine bay, trunk, or other parts of your car that could cause serious damage. Fender liners come in a wide range of types and materials .

Last edited by a moderator:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
My driver side liner ripped apart on the highway yesterday. Was making a hellacious noise, pulled over and saw it was the liner rubbing the tire. Was driving in some pretty insane right quartering head/crosswinds at 70mph. I’ll have to see what the dealer says.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
The primary purpose of these liners is to prevent slush, road salt, and other debris from being kicked up into your wheel wells and potentially even making their way into your engine bay, trunk, or other parts of your car that could cause serious damage. Fender liners come in a wide range of types and materials :cool:

Welcome, once again. This post had nothing to do in regards to the purpose of what fender liners were, rather it was in regards to why the JTR fender liners might accidentally hit the tires.... But I'm sure you knew that....

Top Bottom