LOBSTAH QUEST Part 3 : JL/JT Experience - Mabell Massachusetts

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Day 2 of Lobster Quest, the Nitto JL/JT Experience presented by KMC Wheels started off with a 150 mile road trip across the state of New York, up though Connecticut and into western Massachusetts. Our destination? An old Bell Telephone pole line right of way that has since become a short but awesome trail known as, Mabell (pronounced, 'Ma Bell' and as in, Massachusetts Bell). As luck would have it, the good guys from NORA were waiting for us at the trail head and ready to lead the way. I should note that this was the first of two trails that we got to run and thanks to all the rain that we'd been getting, you know we were in for a hell of a good time! Certainly, the super slippery rocks made it a real challenge for both JL Wranglers and JT Gladiators alike.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
We hope you've been enjoyed watching EVO, Synergy, Skyjacker, PSC, JKS, Tactical Off Road, Hi-Lift, all the participants and of course, yours truly taking on some of the fun trails the east coast has to offer. If you haven't done so already, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do take a guess as to how long Part 4 will be and post up your answer here. The person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

SHOTGLASSES SMALL.jpg

UPDATE: And the person who came the closest on guessing how long part 4 will be is...

Slip 'n slide. That was a lot of nice winching.

19:39 for part 4

Congratulations rubiDave!

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JL/JT Experience sponsors.

Looks like that trip was worth every inch of the 3,000 miles to get there. Watching the coverage is damn near like being there. You guys are the only ones that can actually capture it in such a way where we all feel like we were riding shotgun. You truly make it an experience for all of us.

29:29 is my guess

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can't wait to get home and watch. Ill guess next video is 30:15

Awesome, hope you enjoy it :)

Just in time to watch on my lunch break!!!

Very cool! Enjoy :)

Looks like that trip was worth every inch of the 3,000 miles to get there. Watching the coverage is damn near like being there. You guys are the only ones that can actually capture it in such a way where we all feel like we were riding shotgun. You truly make it an experience for all of us.

29:29 is my guess

Thanks Casey, we're happy to hear you say as much. :blush:

Fun to watch. Terrain is a little different out there.

The rocks weren't a whole lot different to what's I've played on across the country but they really are slick as snot. Hard to even walk on without falling on your ass.

WJCO

Meme King
That poor Skyjacker JT. Looks like it was really struggling with those Milestar Patampongonias.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That poor Skyjacker JT. Looks like it was really struggling with those Milestar Patampongonias.

Yeah, everyone felt bad for Lonnie. It's not like he isn't an experienced driver or didn't have the power to help things out - those tires just wouldn't hook up for anything. Bobbie struggled with his set as well and even Chris Durham who had a custom cut set had to put in way more effort than normal to get up stuff. I know they're all the rage but after seeing them in action or lack there of, I would never want to run a set.

longarmwj

Just finished watching. Damn good wheeling! The guy behind the wheel of the Synergy JL can drive!! And the Skyjacker JT sounds awesome. Too bad it has those fenders and tires slapped on it [emoji849][emoji849].

Yalls JT seemed like it performed awesome, and I bet the noise at the very end hitting your roof was an acorn falling from the tree. Common source of hood dings here out East 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just finished watching. Damn good wheeling! The guy behind the wheel of the Synergy JL can drive!! And the Skyjacker JT sounds awesome. Too bad it has those fenders and tires slapped on it [emoji849][emoji849].

Yalls JT seemed like it performed awesome, and I bet the noise at the very end hitting your roof was an acorn falling from the tree. Common source of hood dings here out East 🤣

Glad you enjoyed it! Dave is always fun to watch and a good driver for sure. Like you, not a fan of the fenders on the Skyjacker JT but the Hellcat was awesome. It really was a shame he was running those china tires because they just sucked.

Super happy with our JT and yeah, I think you're right about the acorn. Man, it hit hard enough to get my attention. :crazyeyes:

Brute

Hooked
Slippery when wet...and what's with the latest trend of Hellcat's & Chinese tires?; I must have missed the memo. Finally, the Leo Durocher-esque quote of the day..."it's just like the desert, only different"...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Slippery when wet...and what's with the latest trend of Hellcat's & Chinese tires?; I must have missed the memo. Finally, the Leo Durocher-esque quote of the day..."it's just like the desert, only different"...

LOL - I know, right?! Drop a hell of a fine and pricey motor under the hood and then run cheap ass china tires - I just don't get it.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Great video! Looks like the UD60 took at least 1 direct hit on a rock. Happy to see it held up!

jorgelrod

Hooked
+1 on the china tires sucking balls, it was painful to see the skyjacker JT having so much trouble on the obstacle.
Great video overall. 22:35 on the nex one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! Looks like the UD60 took at least 1 direct hit on a rock. Happy to see it held up!

Oh yeah, hit it hard more than a few times on this trip. Held up great :yup:

+1 on the china tires sucking balls, it was painful to see the skyjacker JT having so much trouble on the obstacle.
Great video overall. 22:35 on the nex one.

Seeing is believing. Time and time again, these china tires simply wouldn't hook up for nothing. I can't believe people are actually buying them on purpose.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Awesome video! It’s amazing how just a little water completely changes the characteristics of the rocks out here! Also looks like those “influencer” tires were struggling super hard out there!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video! It’s amazing how just a little water completely changes the characteristics of the rocks out here! Also looks like those “influencer” tires were struggling super hard out there!

From what I was told, it's still tough without the rain but the extra water made things super slick. Synergy going up the side on the Gatekeeper was smart because the dirt actually offered more traction LOL.

As far as the china tires go, you just can't make that shit up. I get that influencers need to church them up and try to convince people they're good but seeing is believing - they down right SUCK when it comes to traction. This is of course nothing to say about how difficult they are to balance, how the tread cups and how quickly they wear out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20191023135445-ffc0bf58-me.jpg

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah, hit it hard more than a few times on this trip. Held up great :yup:

Seeing is believing. Time and time again, these china tires simply wouldn't hook up for nothing. I can't believe people are actually buying them on purpose.

I felt bad for Skyjacker. I wanted to reach through my monitor and give him a push...

Top Bottom