Clearance for 37s!

ZachJKUR

Hello all, so I recently installed a set of 37x12.50 on a set of 17" bead locks with 3.5" b.s. I have a 2.5" lift and flat fenders. I have adjusted the bumpstops to keep the up travel from crushing anything. Also, I have trimmed/rolled over about 6" of the front pinch seam in the rear fenders.

My question is this...I am getting some rub at full lock on the fronts...is this normal with 3.5" b.s.? Should I just adjust the steer stops? Also, before I get on the trails and slice up the new tires, is there any other clearancing that needs to be done in the rear fenders?

Thanks all.

ZachJKUR

6” of pinch seam? That sounds like a ton

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well I guess I didn't make that too clear...I cut the little triangle out that was only like 2" and then notched around the spot welds to fold in the Sheetmetal towards the inner fender. To in total I probably modified 6" from bottom to top.

MericaMade

Hello all, so I recently installed a set of 37x12.50 on a set of 17" bead locks with 3.5" b.s. I have a 2.5" lift and flat fenders. I have adjusted the bumpstops to keep the up travel from crushing anything. Also, I have trimmed/rolled over about 6" of the front pinch seam in the rear fenders.

My question is this...I am getting some rub at full lock on the fronts...is this normal with 3.5" b.s.? Should I just adjust the steer stops? Also, before I get on the trails and slice up the new tires, is there any other clearancing that needs to be done in the rear fenders?

Thanks all.

Yes on a 2.5 lift i bet you would rub. I am running a 3 with my fenders trimmed flat with 3.5 backspacing on BFG KM2s so they are a smaller 37 and don't rub at all.

treys1

I've run a 2dr and a 4dr JK now both with 2.5" lift, flat fenders and 37's without much rubbing. One question is, are you running the stock control arms in the front? I feel like they are straighter than most aftermarket ones that specifically have more of a clearance bend, is that where it is rubbing?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Try pulling those fender liners. Spring height has nothing to do with rubbing during flex like you are having. Spring height affects where in the suspension travel the Jeep sits- the bump stops and shock length limit travel.

Top Bottom