Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which Evo Enforcer stage?

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    Why ?

Jeep makes a very rust proof vehicle. Use good thick metal and a quality paint that holds up amazing.

Attachment 338499

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Looks good to me...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Why ?

Jeep makes a very rust proof vehicle. Use good thick metal and a quality paint that holds up amazing.

Attachment 338499

Perfect candidate for JB Weld

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    Perfect candidate for JB Weld
    ...or silicone

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by -AINOKEA- View Post
    ...or silicone

A nice rtv bead is the same as a mig weld right?

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo82 View Post
    The Evo DD is awesome, no doubts there. Especially after watching Bubba's launch. But it's expensive on top of an already expensive build. I would like to get all the components to get up on 37's and have them installed about 5 yrs from now. Then spend the next couple years refining the build...

Does anyone know, can anything in the Evo Enforcer kit get used with the DD upgrade or is it all new components?

Also my other concern with the DD, based on another thread discussing King shocks and their resilience to salt... I'm in the mid west and I'm afraid those beauties be eaten up by my winter road salt... If I go long arm I can buy Rancho's and just toss them when they're eaten up.
    The DoubleD has coil springs, very different than the Double Throw Down that Bubba uses. My old JKUR had the DD with Bilstein 5100 shocks and worked great and not near the cost of bolt on coilovers or the DTD thats even more. Currently Im on the Enforcer stage 1 with Fox 2.0 shocks. It also rides great but not quite as smooth as the DD was since the control arms are at a steeper angle. As others have said the rear brackets on the DD are a hang up point and the high clearance brackets would fix this with a bit more work.
    2012 JKUR, Evo 4" DoubleD w/5100 Bilsteins, ATX/37" Toyos, VKS Fab bumpers, 4:88's, RCV's, MetalCloak fenders **SOLD**.
    2014 JKUR, Evo 4" Enforcer Stage 1 w/Fox 2.0 shocks, Fuel Vector wheels/35" Patogonia MT, 4.10 gears, PS Bruiser bumpers, Engo 10k winch

Quote Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
    The DoubleD has coil springs, very different than the Double Throw Down that Bubba uses. My old JKUR had the DD with Bilstein 5100 shocks and worked great and not near the cost of bolt on coilovers or the DTD thats even more. Currently Im on the Enforcer stage 1 with Fox 2.0 shocks. It also rides great but not quite as smooth as the DD was since the control arms are at a steeper angle. As others have said the rear brackets on the DD are a hang up point and the high clearance brackets would fix this with a bit more work.
    Thank you sir, good info. I just assumed the DD was the same as the DTD, gonna take a look at it now!

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    I suggest getting a different daily driver if your worried about salt. Or, wash your vehicle every day salt is on the ground and apply fluid film and wd40 in between

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Why ?

Attachment 338499

I had Zeibart's under body protection put on. And I'm religious about running the jeep through a carwash after a snow/melt to wash off any salt. I'm sure there'll be some rust in my future but trying to minimize as much as possible.

The rust comment was with regards to the kings specifically. I think Eddie pointed out, if they're gonna be in the rust belt they're gonna be eaten up. I think he was recommending throwaways over Kings in this environment. After some thought I kind of agree with him. I'd hate to see something as nice (and reusable, and expensive) as the kings get destroyed in a few winters...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234