Lift Question

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
I'm currently running a 2.5" budget boost and someone has given me 4" rough country springs. I know it's rough country blah blah but it's free and what I can afford right now. That being said, I have the track bar adjustment bracket on the rear and I'm picking up an adjustable front track bar today, can I run 4" springs without adjustable control arms? Is that pushing the limits of what I should do?

robx251

Caught the Bug
I'm currently running a 2.5" budget boost and someone has given me 4" rough country springs. I know it's rough country blah blah but it's free and what I can afford right now. That being said, I have the track bar adjustment bracket on the rear and I'm picking up an adjustable front track bar today, can I run 4" springs without adjustable control arms? Is that pushing the limits of what I should do?
How new are the lift springs and do you have an unlimited and what after the springs for, I had a 2 door on unlimited 4" springs that netted me 5.5 then sagged down to 3.5or 3 over time. They were ok, rode ok.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

4 inches of lift without a caster adjustment will likely have very flighty steering. Not to mention a good chance of bump steer without a drag link flip. If they're free, you can always just install them and if it rides like shit really bad, just take them off.

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
How new are the lift springs and do you have an unlimited and what after the springs for, I had a 2 door on unlimited 4" springs that netted me 5.5 then sagged down to 3.5or 3 over time. They were ok, rode ok.

Sorry, yes I have a JKU, I'm honestly not sure what the springs are for, meeting him today to pick them up so I'll found out more then. From the sounds of it he's had them for a while and he just upgraded to MC. I currently have Rubicon 10th Anniversary springs and the 2.5" spacer on top of that. That netted me close to 4" from the super squishy stock sahara springs I had.

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
4 inches of lift without a caster adjustment will likely have very flighty steering. Not to mention a good chance of bump steer without a drag link flip. If they're free, you can always just install them and if it rides like shit really bad, just take them off.

That's what I figured. Put them on give it a week or so to see how it rides and if I don't like it go back to my current setup. :thumb: I'm going to replace my tie rod, drag link and track bar as well because I have 110k miles and mine are all shot.

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
Dang I didn't even think about shocks. I have factory Rubicon shocks right now with the shock extensions that came with my budget boost.

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
I would look into putting in front lower & rear upper Adjustable control arms, with 4" springs.

09 JKU WRANGLER (Flame Red )
19 JL WRANGLER (Bikini Blue)

wjtstudios

Hooked
I ran AEV 4.5” springs with a drag link flip and raised front and rear track bar brackets and stock arms for a couple years. It drove fine, but you will blow up your front drive shaft with the flex you get. And yes, you need new shocks or you will bottom them out and they’ll be toast.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
I ran AEV 4.5” springs with a drag link flip and raised front and rear track bar brackets and stock arms for a couple years. It drove fine, but you will blow up your front drive shaft with the flex you get. And yes, you need new shocks or you will bottom them out and they’ll be toast.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Just acquired a set of metalcloak sport shocks from a buddy that just upgraded to Fox 2.0s. :thumb:

AgBass01

Caught the Bug

Got the springs picked up and they came off a 2 door so maybe I can get a solid 3" lift out of them? If so that's honestly better for me, I really don't want to go any higher than 3.5". Also what he thought was a rough country front track bar appears to be a Rock Krawler adjustable, it has a bushing on 1 side and a small heim joint on the other.

Top Bottom