Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: LOBSTAH QUEST Part 4 : JL/JT Experience - Old Florida Road Massachusetts

  1. #21
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,701
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    When I hear “East Coast” I think New Jersey because thats all I know... But man.. that was some bitchin scenery... those Trees! Just Awesome...

    31:13
    LOL - honestly, I had no idea so much wheeling - good wheeling was out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESS View Post
    Another awesome video! That is some slick rock and pretty scenery!
    Crazy slippery and yes, very pretty.

  2. #22
    Knows a Thing or Two
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    525
    Part 5 equals 19:11
    Last edited by naysjp; 10-25-2019 at 05:41 PM.

  3. #23
    Old Timer longarmwj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Cumming, Ga
    Posts
    3,786
    Another great video! These videos are testament to several things:

    1: how good those UD axles are. Y’all aren’t going easy and they’re holding up to lockers and 40s on wet rocks, with no breaks.

    2: how good synergy products are. The synergy guy doesn’t even care about beating that thing, and I haven’t seen a break on it yet

    3: how good EVO products are. Which that’s kind of a given and doesn’t need to be said lol

    4: how much those Pata-NO-ia tires suck


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

  4. #24
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,701
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    That was a great trail! You did amazing work getting up and over those ledges. Are you finding the JTs longer wheel base being an advantage on those climbs?

    Can’t wait to see the next trail, they keep getting better!
    Only because we're running 40" tires. Without them, we'd be at a HUGE disadvantage. In fact, we only have our JT sitting at about 3" of lift and we definitely struggled a bit more than Randy or PSC, both of which are running 6.5" of lift. But, so long as you have things setup right, yes, the longer wheel base allows the front to grab nicely before the rear even starts. It's a benefit for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Another great video! These videos are testament to several things:

    1: how good those UD axles are. Y’all aren’t going easy and they’re holding up to lockers and 40s on wet rocks, with no breaks.

    2: how good synergy products are. The synergy guy doesn’t even care about beating that thing, and I haven’t seen a break on it yet

    3: how good EVO products are. Which that’s kind of a given and doesn’t need to be said lol

    4: how much those Pata-NO-ia tires suck
    Nice summary.

  5. #25
    Knows a Thing or Two
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    525
    At 8:13 I cannot believe those colors on the ground. It does not look real. I love California weather and would struggle with the cold of New England but I would love to see those colors for myself. That was amazing. That small part is almost the most fascinating part of this video.

  6. #26
    Fresh Catch Spaztik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    IDAHO
    Posts
    20
    24:25 gor part 5. I wanna see what a RTV weld looks like

    Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #27
    Nothing but a Thing Bear_JKU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,671
    That was awesome! You guys made that giant rock obstacle look easy! You’re right too. I could totally see axles snapping on obstacles like that. Those UD60’s keep looking better and better. I thought it was pretty weird to see PSC’s automatic step deploy when he was climbing that rock.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

  8. #28
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,701
    Quote Originally Posted by naysjp View Post
    At 8:13 I cannot believe those colors on the ground. It does not look real. I love California weather and would struggle with the cold of New England but I would love to see those colors for myself. That was amazing. That small part is almost the most fascinating part of this video.
    The colors on the ground were really something else. We had to include it and really, the camera doesn't do it justice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztik View Post
    24:25 gor part 5. I wanna see what a RTV weld looks like
    LOL - that's still maybe 3 videos down the way. Also, while I did see the break with my own eyes, I wasn't able to stick around to film the repairs. Just like any JKX or JL/JT Experience, when we're on the trail, Mel assesses the situation, leaves a member of the crew behind to fix things and everyone else needs to keep moving on.

  9. #29
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    53,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear_JKU View Post
    That was awesome! You guys made that giant rock obstacle look easy! You’re right too. I could totally see axles snapping on obstacles like that. Those UD60’s keep looking better and better.
    Like I said in my other post, we torture tested not just one set of Dana UD60 axles on one Jeep or on one obstacle but a half dozen of them on a LOT of really hard obstacles and over the course of a week. If one were to fail, it wouldn't have surprised any of us. That none didn't is and in our case, allowed us to drive 3,000 miles back home, I think that speaks volumes for how well they're made. Again, all I can do is SHOW YOU just how well they performed.

    I thought it was pretty weird to see PSC’s automatic step deploy when he was climbing that rock.
    You mean Rock Slide Engineering steps aren't supposed to do that?? And hear I thought they were helping PSC up the ledge!

  10. #30
    Nothing but a Thing Bear_JKU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Like I said in my other post, we torture tested not just one set of Dana UD60 axles on one Jeep or on one obstacle but a half dozen of them on a LOT of really hard obstacles and over the course of a week. If one were to fail, it wouldn't have surprised any of us. That none didn't is and in our case, allowed us to drive 3,000 miles back home, I think that speaks volumes for how well they're made. Again, all I can do is SHOW YOU just how well they performed.



    You mean Rock Slide Engineering steps aren't supposed to do that?? And hear I thought they were helping PSC up the ledge!
    Seeing is believing. Definitely very impressive axles.
    Lol! Maybe the RSE steps are like an anti rollover device. They deploy when you tip too far to one side, almost like a training wheel of sorts.


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-29-2019, 07:28 PM
  2. LOBSTAH QUEST Part 3 : JL/JT Experience - Mabell Massachusetts
    By wayoflife in forum WAYALIFE Adventure Videos
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 10-25-2019, 11:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS