LOBSTAH QUEST Part 4 : JL/JT Experience - Old Florida Road Massachusetts

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the 2nd half of our 2nd day on Lobster Quest, the Nitto JL/JT Experience presented by KMC Wheels, the good guys from NORA took us out to another awesome trail located in the northwest corner of Massachusetts and it's known as, Old Florida Road. Following along the Hoosac Range and crossing through the Savoy Mountain State Forest, this short but beautiful trail was apparently an old town road that had long since been abandoned and left to deteriorate. While most of the trail was easy for our JT Gladiators and JL Wranglers, there were two notable obstacles that proved to be a real challenge especially thanks to all the rain we'd been getting. Thank goodness we all came prepared with WARN winches! We hope you enjoy seeing all the fun we had.

A BIG THANKS goes out to Chris Corbett for allowing us to use some of the footage that he got this day.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
We hope you've been enjoyed watching EVO, Synergy, Skyjacker, PSC, JKS, Tactical Off Road, Hi-Lift, all the participants and of course, yours truly taking on some of the fun trails the east coast has to offer. If you haven't done so already, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do take a guess as to how long Part 5 will be and post up your answer here. The person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

SHOTGLASSES SMALL.jpg

UPDATE: Hey hey - the person who came the closest to guessing the time of Part 5 is...

Wife and I really appreciate you taking us along with your videos. Very fun to see you guys in our neck of the woods.

27:45

Congratulations rmccown! :thumb:

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JL/JT Experience sponsors.

jdofmemi

Well, I didn't want to get things done this morning. Can't wait to watch it.

For the next one, I'm hoping you stick with the shorter ones for those of us who don't have all day to watch, but can squeeze in a 15 to 20 minute video.
17:25

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I didn't want to get things done this morning. Can't wait to watch it.

For the next one, I'm hoping you stick with the shorter ones for those of us who don't have all day to watch, but can squeeze in a 15 to 20 minute video.
17:25

:cheesy:

We're trying. Initially, this was going to be included in part 3 but then, that would have made it almost 40 min long. Just because of timing, it helped us and made more sense to break it up into 2 separate parts and I think it made it easier to enjoy both better.

You got some really cool clips. Sure is a pretty area out there.

Thanks! I'm waiting for someone to point out one in particular. :crazyeyes: It really was beautiful out there.

jeeeep

Hooked
the fall colors there! :thumb:

skid plates getting a workout!

Really impressed with the JT, but it does seem that 40's are the JT's 37 on a JK or JL

Which tire brand is performing the best so far?

Coop

Caught the Bug
Another great video! I love all the white Jeeps! Good contrast with the forest colors! Beautiful areas! 21.5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

rmccown

Wife and I really appreciate you taking us along with your videos. Very fun to see you guys in our neck of the woods.

Napalm

Great video Eddie and Cindy! Really love the use of the music with all the scenes driver through the heavily wooded and rainy areas of road after the trail. Creates an awesome atmosphere that makes you feel like you were there! Great job.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
the fall colors there! :thumb:

skid plates getting a workout!

Really impressed with the JT, but it does seem that 40's are the JT's 37 on a JK or JL

Which tire brand is performing the best so far?

Oh yeah, 40's were a minimum requirement for JT's on the JL/JT Experience. 37's were the minimum on the JL. With the 40's, they have similar break over angles as the JL.

Another great video! I love all the white Jeeps! Good contrast with the forest colors! Beautiful areas! 21.5

They sure did look great under the canopy of trees :)

You and your wife live in a beautiful area! Cindy and I thoroughly enjoyed wheeling back there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video Eddie and Cindy! Really love the use of the music with all the scenes driver through the heavily wooded and rainy areas of road after the trail. Creates an awesome atmosphere that makes you feel like you were there! Great job.

Thank you, we're so glad that you can appreciate the music we use and how we use it. :cool:

Wow, that trail looks epic! Stunningly beautiful too!

It really was one of the most pretty trails we ran all week and one of my favorites if only because it was a public trail and a through route. :cool:

Brute

Hooked
Beautiful trail...LWB definitely an advantage on the wet rocks...and a reminder to myself to change my wipers on Brute...

KYJeff

These videos are really enjoyable to watch, Cindy has done such a great job! I’m sooooo ready to modify my own JT!! Keep them coming, they just aren’t long enough.. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well shit... going to have to add the North east to my list of areas to wheel before my time is up. Simply stunning. I’ll be honest, there were a few segments where I thought for sure someone was either flopping l going to slide into something nasty but nope, they just kept on climbing.

Guessing 19:33 for this next one.

TrailHunter

Hooked
When I hear “East Coast” I think New Jersey because thats all I know... But man.. that was some bitchin scenery... those Trees! Just Awesome... [emoji1417]

31:13

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful trail...LWB definitely an advantage on the wet rocks...and a reminder to myself to change my wipers on Brute...

LOL - with all the rain you guys get up in the PNW, I would think you'd need to change out wipers after every oil change :crazyeyes:

These videos are really enjoyable to watch, Cindy has done such a great job! I’m sooooo ready to modify my own JT!! Keep them coming, they just aren’t long enough.. lol.

Thank you, we're happy to hear you enjoy our videos :)

Well shit... going to have to add the North east to my list of areas to wheel before my time is up. Simply stunning. I’ll be honest, there were a few segments where I thought for sure someone was either flopping l going to slide into something nasty but nope, they just kept on climbing.

Guessing 19:33 for this next one.

It's a haul to get out there, the trails are far apart and most are on private land but if you can make it out there, I would highly recommend it.

wjtstudios

Hooked
That was a great trail! You did amazing work getting up and over those ledges. Are you finding the JTs longer wheel base being an advantage on those climbs?

Can’t wait to see the next trail, they keep getting better!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom