Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dynatrac Dynaloc Hub Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Good to know. I figured most are the same. I’m guessing some of the parts and pieces are different but overall they have to be pretty similar. How often do you service your hubs?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Once a year depending on how much use the jeep gets. Or when I can’t turn them anymore which ever comes first. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great write up man! Hopefully, I get to use it some day. Sure this will help alot of people.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    Great write up man! Hopefully, I get to use it some day. Sure this will help alot of people.

Twenty years from now after the kids are gone. Lol

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Twenty years from now after the kids are gone. Lol

Haha probably true, by then this type of hub may not even exist anymore..

Hooked

Next install spring into locking hub piece. The larger of the two. (If anyone knows the name I will add that)

Attachment 337026
    Attachment 337028
    That would be the Turbyaflancetransfansender...

Seriously though, good write up

Awesome write up! But this and the JTX videos made me realize I don't understand what hub lockers are for...

I initially assumed that hub lockers are the manual version of air/e differential lockers.

After watching Eddie twist his hub lockers I realized that may not be the case. I'm assuming his UD60s came equipped with air or e lockers so what would he need manual hub lockers for? Unless they are for some other reason...

Anyone have a thread they can point me at that explains how these work? Or maybe my initial assumptions were correct and Eddie went with the manual lockers on this build... Apologies in advance for my ignorance!

Quote Originally Posted by Primo82 View Post
    Awesome write up! But this and the JTX videos made me realize I don't understand what hub lockers are for...

I initially assumed that hub lockers are the manual version of air/e differential lockers.

After watching Eddie twist his hub lockers I realized that may not be the case. I'm assuming his UD60s came equipped with air or e lockers so what would he need manual hub lockers for? Unless they are for some other reason...

Anyone have a thread they can point me at that explains how these work? Or maybe my initial assumptions were correct and Eddie went with the manual lockers on this build... Apologies in advance for my ignorance!
    Lockout hubs at the wheel end are totally independent of the locking differentials inside the pumpkin part of the axle.
    The lockout hubs disconnect the stub shaft of the axle from the wheels so that they freewheel and do not turn the differential. This saves wear and tear on the front axle parts as well as the drive shaft.

The locking differentials lock the two complete axle shafts together via air (ARB), mechanical means (OX), or electric (Eaton)
    Last edited by Ddays; 10-28-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo82 View Post

A hub is not a locker. They are separate. Eddie has elockers in his UD60’s and I have ARB’s in my Dynatrac. That makes no difference. A hub allows your front end to not spin until locked. Driving down the road my front Driveshaft, axle shafts and differential do not spin as they do on your factory axle. If I hit the air locker without the hubs locked, it won’t work. A hub basically engages your front end.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Lockout hubs at the wheel end are totally independent of the locking differentials inside the pumpkin part of the axle.
    The lockout hubs disconnect the stub shaft of the axle from the wheels so that they freewheel and do not turn the differential. This saves wear and tear on the front axle parts as well as the drive shaft.

The locking differentials lock the two complete axle shafts together via air (ARB), mechanical means (OX), or electric (Eaton)
    A hub is not a locker. They are separate. Eddie has elockers in his UD60’s and I have ARB’s in my Dynatrac. That makes no difference. A hub allows your front end to not spin until locked. Driving down the road my front Driveshaft, axle shafts and differential do not spin as they do on your factory axle. If I hit the air locker without the hubs locked, it won’t work. A hub basically engages your front end.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Thank you both. Makes sense and I am a little bit less ignorant! Not much though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123