LOBSTAH QUEST Part 5 : JL/JT Experience - Field & Forest New Hampshire

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Heading north out of Adams, Massachusetts, we started our 3rd day of Lobster Quest, the Nitto JL/JT Experience presented by KMC Wheels by working our way into the state of Vermont. It was here that we really started to see the landscape covered in the amazing yellow, orange and red leaves that you can only find in New England and in the Fall. After making a well needed stop at Hogback Mountain, we continued our drive to the east, into the state of New Hampshire and until we reached our wheeling destination of the day, Field & Forest Recreation Area.

Like most of the wheeling destinations back east, Field & Forest is privately owned and NOT open to the public. If anything, they consider themselves to be a "private campground, outdoor event facility and recreation area" that caters to large groups, events, members of the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs and other organizations ONLY. They do have an extensive network of trails, most of which are challenging with tons of fun obstacles and many more intended for buggies only but they are viewed as being an amenity for those who've paid to utilize their property. With that said, the wheeling out there is outstanding and we all had a great time putting our Jeep JT Gladiators and JL Wrangler to the test on their wet, muddy and slippery rocks!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
We hope you've been enjoyed watching EVO, Synergy, Skyjacker, PSC, JKS, Tactical Off Road, Hi-Lift, all the participants and of course, yours truly taking on some of the fun trails the east coast has to offer. If you haven't done so already, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do take a guess as to how long Part 6 will be and post up your answer here. The person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

SHOTGLASSES SMALL.jpg

And the person who came the closest to guessing the time on Part 6 is...

You and cindy never disappoint!
Part 6: 21:43

Congratulations Spaztik!

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JL/JT Experience sponsors.

20191027182522-d74bd904-me.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Great eastern wheeling there! Rocks and Mud! The departure angle wasn’t that bad coming down those big ledges. You guys did a great job easing it down!

Absolutely beautiful up there, I do love Fall! Thanks guys for taking us along!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jeeeep

Hooked
…….

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do take a guess as to how long Part 5 will be and post up your answer here. The person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

View attachment 337096

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JL/JT Experience sponsors.

20191027182522-d74bd904-me.jpg

Part 5 guess - 26:50 ;)

That was beautiful! what a great time of year to be out there.

Starting to feel bad for the Skyjacker JT, all that go juice and no go :doh:

My guess for Part 6, 28:43

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty area. Looks fun.

Maybe my favorite place to wheel on this trip. :yup:

Great eastern wheeling there! Rocks and Mud! The departure angle wasn’t that bad coming down those big ledges. You guys did a great job easing it down!

Absolutely beautiful up there, I do love Fall! Thanks guys for taking us along!

LOL - I think departure angle is the one thing I heard so many people telling me would be a problem ahead of this trip. Thing is, departure angle is 90° up to a little over 3 feet!

Sure was pretty back there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Part 5 guess - 26:50 ;)

That was beautiful! what a great time of year to be out there.

Starting to feel bad for the Skyjacker JT, all that go juice and no go :doh:

My guess for Part 6, 28:43

Wait, did I miss you? :doh:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That section around 14 mi it’s reminds me of the bastard section on the Rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Some observations...
New Hampshire is just... fuuuuuuck.
Gladiators are born for that terrain and anyone who says otherwise is probably pissed their Subaru got stuck in the mud
And finally baby shit has more traction than a Milestar tire.

Outstanding scenery. Mel really knows how to find the best spots.

Guessing 41:40 for the next part anticipating that it will be the 6th and final installment.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Your gladiator is such a bad ass rig! Makes that terrain look easy! I’m glad to see the departure angle isn’t an issue [emoji106] where was Mel’s gladiator for this trip?

Next one: 23:47

Themoparkid97

Wow...another amazing video, this has to be one of my favourite Wayalife videos. Great people, awesome rigs, and epic trails ! That’s what the Wayalife is all about [emoji817]✌️My guess for part 6, 34:23

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

If I’m not mistaking, aren’t the Ridge Grapplers Mel and the Synergy JL are running considered all terrains?

The fact that an all terrain tire is gripping better then a mud tire...in mud...says pretty much everything anybody should need to know about those tires lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That section around 14 mi it’s reminds me of the bastard section on the Rubicon.

Ya know, yes! That's exactly what it was like only, running it in June right as the snow is melting. :crazyeyes:

Some observations...
New Hampshire is just... fuuuuuuck.
Gladiators are born for that terrain and anyone who says otherwise is probably pissed their Subaru got stuck in the mud
And finally baby shit has more traction than a Milestar tire.

Outstanding scenery. Mel really knows how to find the best spots.

Guessing 41:40 for the next part anticipating that it will be the 6th and final installment.

:cheesy: I ain't gonna lie, it was tough negotiating the Gladiator though some of the stuff they had out there BUT, it was able to do it.

As far as the Patagonia tires go, yeah, that's a pretty good way of putting it :cheesy:

Another awesome video, more great views of the northeast.:thumb:

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoyed it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Your gladiator is such a bad ass rig! Makes that terrain look easy! I’m glad to see the departure angle isn’t an issue [emoji106] where was Mel’s gladiator for this trip?

Next one: 23:47

Well, only because Off Road Evolution was able to work their magic on it. As far as departure angle goes, we were a bit concerned especially being that we only had our lift set to about 3". Randy and PSC had theirs up at 6.5". Still, we managed just fine.

Wow...another amazing video, this has to be one of my favourite Wayalife videos. Great people, awesome rigs, and epic trails ! That’s what the Wayalife is all about [emoji817]✌️My guess for part 6, 34:23

Thank you. If you can believe it, we filmed this entire episode with our iPhone 11. All the rain the day before temporarily fried our main camera. :crazyeyes:

If I’m not mistaking, aren’t the Ridge Grapplers Mel and the Synergy JL are running considered all terrains?

The fact that an all terrain tire is gripping better then a mud tire...in mud...says pretty much everything anybody should need to know about those tires lol

Yup, Ridge Grappers are in fact, "all terrains" and Synergy's had less than 50% tread on them. Speaks volumes as to how well they perform and how the Patagonia's don't.

jdofmemi

That was a great video. Dare I say the best one of the series, so far.

The poor Hellcat engine must be crying to itself about the tires it is trying to push.
Of course, in my opinion, the horsepower is far more useful on the trip there and back than it is on the trail. I have found very few places I felt I could make it too if I only had more power. Gearing, tires, and suspension for the win. Oh, and the biggest factor, the DRIVER!

The Gladiator did awesome on this trail, and the Nittos seem to work good.

The Mud Grapplers on the JKS Jeep looked like they did the best of any of them in those conditions, at least in what we could see from the video.

Great that you guys are knocking these out fast.

I'm guessing 22:35 for the next one.

bkac

Caught the Bug
That was definitely one of my favorite days! The after lunch run was epic! Great job on another epic video! 27:57

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom