Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Steering wheel wobble sometimes full on death wobble 19 JLUR

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Wow, no kidding? Back when I first started having this problem, I tried the RC stablizer and found it to not do a thing. I later installed an OE stabilizer and found it to work great. But, that was over a year ago and maybe things have changed. Either way, glad to hear it worked out for you.
    Whatís weird is if I put the AE Mopar stabilizer and put it in the freezer when I pull on it, it has really weird almost like air pockets in it. The RC stabilizer is way tighter and smoother. But Iím still thinking this is just a mask and thereís a greater issue going on. Iíll replace the pump next and see.
    Not "living" but "loving" life always!

Wow. This thread has convinced me to never consider buying a JL. I wonder what engineer at Jeep, decided it would be wise to put a thinwall frame, under a JEEP!?
    They always have to tamper with something that is working fine, with a proven record...
    Unbelievable!

Kuboske.

Steering wheel wobble sometimes full on death wobble 19 JLUR

Quote Originally Posted by Kuboske View Post
    Wow. This thread has convinced me to never consider buying a JL. I wonder what engineer at Jeep, decided it would be wise to put a thinwall frame, under a JEEP!?
    They always have to tamper with something that is working fine, with a proven record...
    Unbelievable!

Kuboske.
    Itís a high strength thin steel. Lol man Iím with you. I wish they would have left the extra weight on the frame, FAD, steering knuckles, and a no ESS option. I do like the weight of the doors though. They can keep that going. Hahaha. If I only had a say.
    Not "living" but "loving" life always!

Quote Originally Posted by bkac View Post
    Itís a high strength thin steel. Lol man Iím with you. I wish they would have left the extra weight on the frame, FAD, steering knuckles, and a no ESS option. I do like the weight of the doors though. They can keep that going. Hahaha. If I only had a say.
    Is the frame different in shape from a jk or just the material it is made of?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Following now. My JLU has 20k miles and the steering recently has new hints of wobble over bumps. no death wobble yet, but now I'm worried. My local Socal temps are rarely below 40F, so I cant blame cold. Miles are mostly freeway and no wheelin It has a Mopar 2 w fox, 35 ko2s and has been tight and a very excellent ride so far. Yesterday, oilchange at dealer popped the damper recall, so that will be getting replaced soon. Hoping you guys that are having issues will keep posting updates on all progress and failed attempts. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just throwing this out there, at about 19:00 in the most recent wayalife video, Dave at synergy talks about some people having steering box or frame flexing.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Just throwing this out there, at about 19:00 in the most recent wayalife video, Dave at synergy talks about some people having steering box or frame flexing.

You beat me to it. I also thought of this thread when i saw that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

interesting. One would think that Jeep would want to address the ongoing number 1 issue and design weakness of past models with the JL-JT, instead of make it weaker. Jeep really, really needs to suscribe to WOL for their own profit and liability. Improvement requires desire, humility and teachableness. But instead of hearing from real users, engineers already know whats best. How obvious is it to do some market reseach with the tons of guys that make a living all around improving their weakeness on their product. duh.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Doesn't Synergy, JKS or Clayton make a brace that runs from the track bar mount to the opposite frame rail?.... essentially eliminating frame flex by tying the two together. I thought I saw that at Jeep Beach a couple years back. I bet one could fab their own as well.

I'm betting Jeep is aware of this problem, surely through dealer feedback and irate customers. This is insane. They should work up a remedy and recall everything. Then, beg forgiveness!
    People pay $45000, plus for a new Jeep. Shouldn't be losing sleep over something like this!

Kuboske.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast