Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Steering wheel wobble sometimes full on death wobble 19 JLUR

Lemon laws vary by state. Here in Indiana, you must report the defect to the manufacturer dealer before the vehicle reaches 18000 miles. You must then give the dealer 4 attempts at repairing the problem. Once reported, the vehicle can go beyond 18000 miles, and still be covered. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. If you prevail, in establishing your vehicle is a "lemon", the dealer must either buy it back, or give you a similar/non deficient vehicle.
    I've heard many dealers get VERY difficult to deal with after about the third attempt and try to blame the consumer for abusing or mis-using their vehicle.
    In most cases, a lawyer is necessary. In Indiana, if you win, the dealer/manufacturer, is required to pay legal fees.

Also, you don't have to be the first owner. The vehicle still must be less than 18000 miles, when first reported.

Kuboske.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuboske View Post
    Lemon laws vary by state. Here in Indiana, you must report the defect to the manufacturer dealer before the vehicle reaches 18000 miles. You must then give the dealer 4 attempts at repairing the problem. Once reported, the vehicle can go beyond 18000 miles, and still be covered. DOCUMENT EVERYTHING. If you prevail, in establishing your vehicle is a "lemon", the dealer must either buy it back, or give you a similar/non deficient vehicle.
    I've heard many dealers get VERY difficult to deal with after about the third attempt and try to blame the consumer for abusing or mis-using their vehicle.
    In most cases, a lawyer is necessary. In Indiana, if you win, the dealer/manufacturer, is required to pay legal fees.

Also, you don't have to be the first owner. The vehicle still must be less than 18000 miles, when first reported.

Kuboske.
    Thank you! This is great info! I live in Maryland so Iíll check our specific laws. Hopefully it does not come to a legal battle. My hope is that since this has been an ongoing issue that dealerships should have a fix figured out by now 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two ScoobyCarolanNC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuboske View Post
    Wow... 5th steering box redesign on a vehicle introduced in late 2017. I think I would shake up the engineering staff.
    Yeah. Clearly they know thereís an issue. Itís not like this steering box is used on non-wranglers too.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Any lift on yours?
    2Ē AEV spacer lift with Fox 2.0s & the control arms from the mopar lift. My tires are .75Ē wider than stock & 25lbs heavier than stock. I didnít want to add too much stress and start having to chase a lot of these issues down.

Been meaning to post a follow up to this for a while now and say that I've been able to get our death wobble back under control. Turns out we had a bad track bar bushing at the frame mount. Talked to EVO about it and I guess there was an early batch of track bars that had the bushings pressed in with too much force and that caused the issue. Anyway, gonna use the opportunity to test out the all new Synergy track bar with their dual durometer bushings.

Thanks Eddie, keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Been meaning to post a follow up to this for a while now and say that I've been able to get our death wobble back under control. Turns out we had a bad track bar bushing at the frame mount. Talked to EVO about it and I guess there was an early batch of track bars that had the bushings pressed in with too much force and that caused the issue. Anyway, gonna use the opportunity to test out the all new Synergy track bar with their dual durometer bushings.
    Glad you found it. Hope it works out to be a permanent solution.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDDK View Post
    Thanks Eddie, keep us posted!
    You bet.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Glad you found it. Hope it works out to be a permanent solution.
    Me too. Just like always, the most common cause of DW is a loose or worn out track bar bushing. You could really see big movement on ours. Replacing the track bar with a known good one fixed our DW immediately. Looking forward to seeing how the Synergy one does.

Hopefully it as simple as that! Glad you guys have a direction

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Hopefully it as simple as that! Glad you guys have a direction

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Almost always is. Drove our JL down to SEMA and back and have been driving it around town in cold temps and with zero death wobble.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Just needed an excuse to get some new Synergy goodies huh? 🤪

Looking forward to the review of their track bar, but being synergy you already know itís going to be good

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast