Replacing my soon to be sold Jeep

DMF

I pretty much sold my JK. Buyer left me a deposit and will be picking up my JK either tomorrow or Wednesday.

So now I am looking for a new JL to replace my JK. This is the one I've ben looking at. The dealer offered me $45,484, which I think is a pretty good deal. But my wife believes I can save more, k's more. Anyways, she asked me to ask my Jeep Advisors if you guys think this is a good deal. Her explanation is the 2020's are out, so I should get a great deal on the 2019's.

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 10.12.23 PM.jpg

MericaMade

I pretty much sold my JK. Buyer left me a deposit and will be picking up my JK either tomorrow or Wednesday.

So now I am looking for a new JL to replace my JK. This is the one I've ben looking at. The dealer offered me $45,484, which I think is a pretty good deal. But my wife believes I can save more, k's more. Anyways, she asked me to ask my Jeep Advisors if you guys think this is a good deal. Her explanation is the 2020's are out, so I should get a great deal on the 2019's.

View attachment 337139

Is that $45,484 out the door or before tax and license? If OTD I would say yes its a good deal.

WJCO

Meme King
Ask to see the invoice (not MSRP) and ask for the dealer's handling fee. Once you have invoice pricing see how much lower they'll go under invoice.

DMF

No it’s not OTD. I’ll ask for invoice price.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
No it’s not OTD. I’ll ask for invoice price.

What I did was contacted at least 5-6 dealers. If you look and find a similar vehicle online, you can do the same. Tell them that you are in the market for this particular Jeep and that you are shopping around the entire nation for a good price. Make it clear that you would like to see the invoice pricing so that you can get a decent price. You shouldn't have any issues getting accurate invoice pricing. Then from there, ask how low BELOW invoice each dealer will go. If it's a vehicle that's been sitting there, I'd imagine they'd be willing to work with you. Once you have a good price baseline, let your current dealer know what prices you've been offered and see if they'll match it or see if they'll come close. It took some time for me but I learned a lot in the process and overall am happy with the price I got.

DMF

What I did was contacted at least 5-6 dealers. If you look and find a similar vehicle online, you can do the same. Tell them that you are in the market for this particular Jeep and that you are shopping around the entire nation for a good price. Make it clear that you would like to see the invoice pricing so that you can get a decent price. You shouldn't have any issues getting accurate invoice pricing. Then from there, ask how low BELOW invoice each dealer will go. If it's a vehicle that's been sitting there, I'd imagine they'd be willing to work with you. Once you have a good price baseline, let your current dealer know what prices you've been offered and see if they'll match it or see if they'll come close. It took some time for me but I learned a lot in the process and overall am happy with the price I got.

Thanks for you advice WJCO. I have tried reaching out with a few dealerships. This was the only one that really show interest in helping me. But i'm going swing by another dealer and see what they will say.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Most dealers are willing to show you the invoice, in fact I believe it’s just another tool they use to close the deal. Usually everyone is happy at invoice minus the hold back (HB as pictured above). This may differ depending on demand, inventory and days on the lot. It looks like they are giving up most of the HB so I think you’re about there unless they’re other circumstances. Good Luck!

DMF

Most dealers are willing to show you the invoice, in fact I believe it’s just another tool they use to close the deal. Usually everyone is happy at invoice minus the hold back (HB as pictured above). This may differ depending on demand, inventory and days on the lot. It looks like they are giving up most of the HB so I think you’re about there unless they’re other circumstances. Good Luck!

Let's try this again. Having technical difficulties. View attachment 337178

With all the info you guys have put on the table, I think i'm comfortable at this price. WISCOHR has put the invoice price of the exact vehicle and it's below invoice. I'm going to let the salesman know I'm good on that price. Thanks guys!

bkac

Caught the Bug
With all the info you guys have put on the table, I think i'm comfortable at this price. WISCOHR has put the invoice price of the exact vehicle and it's below invoice. I'm going to let the salesman know I'm good on that price. Thanks guys!

Honestly that’s all that matters in the end. Congratulations

WiscoHR

Glad I could help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DMF

I didn’t get it. But I got this one instead! Well still waiting for financing to complete the paper work.

2020 JLUR. Has leather and LED package.

Attachments

• A92A8853-EC79-4627-8C7B-16536B20EC30.jpg
    A92A8853-EC79-4627-8C7B-16536B20EC30.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 128B3177-BCE9-4F37-A4BB-69F90FDF20E9.jpg
    128B3177-BCE9-4F37-A4BB-69F90FDF20E9.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Top Bottom