ABS and Traction control lights on

dcaprio

2017 JKUR Recon. I have the ABS and ESP lights on. Took to several places and they were unable to pull any codes. One shop used a snap on scanner and still nothing. They performed a battery test and it checked out fine. A short while later lights go out. Now several days later lights on again. Stopped at Autozone. They pulled the following codes:
C2100. Battery Voltage Low
C1027. Left rear wheel speed sensor signal erratic performance
C1020. Left rear wheel speed sensor circuit
C2102 Battery voltage low

Is this simply a left rear wheel speed sensor or do I have other issues? There is not the usual U code for the wheel speed sensor.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

wjtstudios

Hooked
Sounds like it’s the rear sensor. Before you replace it, try disconnecting it and clean the plug. They catch a lot of dirt and grime and degrade the signal. Get it back on tight and see if that solves it. If not, replace it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Coop

Caught the Bug
Sounds like it’s the rear sensor. Before you replace it, try disconnecting it and clean the plug. They catch a lot of dirt and grime and degrade the signal. Get it back on tight and see if that solves it. If not, replace it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Good suggestion. I’ve noticed when the sensors go bad they do not leave a code, just the ABS and traction control lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wjtstudios

Hooked
Good suggestion. I’ve noticed when the sensors go bad they do not leave a code, just the ABS and traction control lights.

It’s a start before buying a new sensor. Probably still a bad sensor though

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jorgelrod

Hooked

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

99.999999% this is your issue. This is one of the most common JK issues out there.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Just do one at a time and check. A hundred yards is all that’s necessary to know.
Last time my Jeep suffered this issue it turned out to be a front sensor. The fronts use a magnetic sensor. The front one that went bad had lost its magnetism. Knew it as soon as I pulled it.
The rears are Hall effect, not magnetic.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Yeah I had to change both rear sensors.
And we know which fuse to pull to get by also when the sensor throws a fit and locks up the rear brakes. 😉

nbunga

Caught the Bug
And we know which fuse to pull to get by also when the sensor throws a fit and locks up the rear brakes. [emoji6]

Do you remember which one it was, I don’t [emoji3]

Ddays

Hooked
Do you remember which one it was, I don’t [emoji3]

I know which wire to cut to kill the whole damn system (thanks to Bill's assist :D)

Forgot how fun doing doughnuts was thanks to modern vehicle nanny systems. Not anymore!

jdofmemi

I know which wire to cut to kill the whole damn system (thanks to Bill's assist :D)

Forgot how fun doing doughnuts was thanks to modern vehicle nanny systems. Not anymore!

I need to do that too.

The other thing is I want the locker to work whenever I want it.
It makes drifting and doughnuts better😁😁

dcaprio

Update: I replaced the left rear wheel speed sensor. It was rather cold here in Colorado today and I ended up breaking the damn clip on the connector. I was pretty pissed. And the lights and codes didn’t go away. Turned out it was a blessing in disguise. I went to Advance Auto Parts and picked up a new connector to splice In. It was then that I noticed one of the wires to the sensor was abraded and shorting. I spliced in the new connector,eliminating the abraded section. Put everything back together. Drove down the driveway about 50 ft and all the lights went out. I read codes and all were gone. Took the Jeep for a ride in the snow, ABS and traction control worked and no lingering lights or codes. Success! Thank you all for your advice! This is a great forum community!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rudolphs33

And we know which fuse to pull to get by also when the sensor throws a fit and locks up the rear brakes. [emoji6]

Care to share what fuse? I’m having this current issue and have already changed the sensor twice. Jeeps staying in limp mode

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
Care to share what fuse? I’m having this current issue and have already changed the sensor twice. Jeeps staying in limp mode

I believe it was a 30amp pink fuse, maybe J7? Someone else may chime in also, but it's been awhile. My jeep is a 2011 manual if it makes any difference.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug

If you are still in limp mode, you might want to reset your programmer if you’re using one. I was having that issue, reset the programmer and everything was fine.

Top Bottom