MOPAR Concept Vehicles for the 2019 SEMA Show

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As has been the case for a while now, MOPAR will not be bringing out tricked out new concept Jeeps to SEMA. It wasn't always like that but over the years, they've moved Jeep releases to the Moab Easter Jeep Safari and more than likely, we'll see the ones that were already shown earlier in the year. With that said, the pics below are a couple of concept Dodge RAM trucks that they will be debuting at the show. Let us know what you think of them. :cool:

Ram 1500 Rebel OTG (Off The Grid) Concept
As the overlanding movement continues to grow across the globe, the Mopar team, in conjunction with leading outdoor equipment suppliers, created a unique reality-based concept for the ultimate travel adventure: the Ram 1500 Rebel OTG concept.

“Unlike traditional ‘four-wheeling,’ in overlanding the journey is the final objective. The goal is to explore rather than conquer obstacles,” said Joe Dehner, Head of Ram Truck and Mopar Design. “This is why we developed this concept, to allow vehicle-supported, self-reliant adventure travel, typically exploring remote locations and interacting with other cultures. This is the vehicle that I’d like to have whenever I choose to go ‘off the grid.’”

The OTG concept uses as a canvas the new 2020 Ram 1500 equipped with the new 3.0-liter V-6 EcoDiesel engine, which offers exceptional low-end torque and extended driving range, coupled with a 33-gallon tank that makes it the ideal truck for long-distance travel.

The vehicle draws upon the rugged capabilities of the production Ram 1500 Rebel, improving all-terrain capability via Mopar’s concept two-inch lift kit, beadlock wheels and 35-inch Goodyear tires.

The OTG concept also includes Mopar concept accessories, such as a front bumper with integrated winch, a larger grille with flow-through R-A-M badging and a functional snorkel air intake to improve off-road capability and performance. Front- and rear-wheel flares and step assist rock rails have been installed to protect the vehicle while traversing rough terrain. A concept rear bumper, adapted from the Ram 1500 Tradesman, improves the departure angle of the truck by relocating the exhaust.

Helped by Ram’s unique multifunction tailgate with 60/40 split swing-away doors, the bed of the truck has been accessorized to offer versatile utility for extended adventures.

A bed rack system fits atop the truck bed, carrying a collapsible rooftop tent, which can be accessed via a stowable ladder. Enhancing the overlanding experience, inside the truck bed there is a retractable battery-powered cooler and kitchen unit with a gas-powered stove and sink with an on-board water system. An added rack structure is mounted above the cab to provide additional storage space for tools and equipment.

A solar panel set, which can be deployed at any moment to generate electricity, and a backup power supply eliminates the need for a gas-powered generator, freeing cargo capacity. A concept hide-away bed step in the rear makes loading and unloading easier. The concept truck is also equipped with an on-board air compressor in the bed cargo area.

For vehicle recovery and extraction, the OTG is equipped with an integrated front-bumper winch, traction mats attached to the rack system and a high-lift jack for uneven ground mounted on the top of the cab. To make the dark campsite brighter while night camping, LED off-road driving lamps are mounted on the front bumper. Also, supplemental LED backup lamps have been incorporated into the rear bumper and task lighting has been attached to the rear rack system for nighttime campsite illumination.

The overlanding purpose of the Ram 1500 Rebel OTG concept is reinforced by an outdoors theme that includes Mojave Sand exterior finish color, unique interior accents and showcases its roots with a Mopar Rebel hood graphic.

20191030100453-d5158a92-me.jpg

20191030100439-e03e33e3-me.jpg

20191030100500-cbb3f2b4-me.jpg

20191030100443-02fcfada-me.jpg

20191030100449-b6680310-me.jpg

20191030100518-c0359069-me.jpg

20191030100506-6a45a019-me.jpg

20191030100504-d1a1a60a-me.jpg

20191030100458-55deda65-me.jpg

20191030100446-5eef8bcb-me.jpg

20191030100431-4d6f4712-me.jpg

20191030100437-0db21580-me.jpg

20191030100510-50b864c7-me.jpg

20191030100513-cbe0a4c2-me.jpg

20191030100521-75f1e4db-me.jpg

20191030100530-44640670-me.jpg

20191030100532-4c6eaa7f-me.jpg

20191030100533-7a955dc2-me.jpg

Mopar Lowliner Concept
Customization of classic trucks continues to be a hot trend in the aftermarket world, so Mopar designers rescued a 1968 Dodge D200-series heavy-duty pickup truck to transform it into the Candied Delmonico Red and Dairy Cream Mopar Lowliner Concept for this year’s SEMA Show.

Designers fully boxed the original C-channel frame of the rear-wheel-drive truck, substantially lowered the ride height and lengthened the wheelbase for a more dramatic stance. They also made a custom, power-tilt front end to showcase the legendary 5.9-liter Cummins diesel engine, which is mated to a six-speed manual transmission with a floor-mounted shifter.

The front axle of the Lowliner is moved three inches forward on the frame, pushing the front wheels closer to the front corners of the truck to achieve better proportions. A custom air suspension is added to the front and rear axle with three modes: low, driving height and driving height plus.

Custom designed wheels with a “smoothie” look mimic stamped steel wheels of the late ‘60s. In the front, the Lowliner wheels are 22 inches by 9.5 inches and ride on 285/35-22 tires. The rear wheels measure 22 inches by 11 inches with 325/35-22 tires for a more muscular appearance.

To package the air suspension components and relocated fuel cell, the floor of the truck bed is raised six inches by welding in a replacement floor from a current Ram 1500 pickup. The wheel wells in the concept truck were widened five inches per side to house the rear tires.

Designers streamlined the exterior to reinforce a smooth body appearance, simplifying graphics and eliminating elements, such as door handles, badging, fuel-filler cap and radio antenna.

The original headlamps have been replaced by seven-inch LED headlamps. The back of the Lowliner features custom taillights with integrated backup lights, reinforcing the modern take on a classic truck. The Mopar Omega M logo has been ghosted onto the front fenders and a vintage Dodge graphic is ghosted onto the truck’s tailgate.

Inside the Lowliner, the original bench seat is covered in an orange-amber Blazing Saddle Tan leather with a distressed look. The headliner is also leather with a Mopar Omega M logo stitched into it. Custom-tailored tan carpet adorns the floor. The original 1968 steering wheel has been retained with the original Dodge fratzog emblem on the horn ring cap. Instrumentation is reworked with seven custom Mopar gauges mounted to a unique “engine turned” aluminum panel. The floor-mounted shifter is topped by translucent metal-flake shift ball with the Cummins logo, reinforcing the retro appearance of the truck.

20191030100540-0b2d9690-me.jpg

20191030100542-4075b9cf-me.jpg

20191030100544-56739815-me.jpg

20191030100417-b586a4a3-me.jpg

20191030100414-ee211409-me.jpg

20191030100419-ffcee11b-me.jpg

20191030100420-41dc891c-me.jpg

20191030100422-d0168a0a-me.jpg

Dig the off-grid build. I don’t hate the idea of full-size trucks turned overlander at all. The lowliner is certainly cool, not my jam but I can appreciate it all the same.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dig the off-grid build. I don’t hate the idea of full-size trucks turned overlander at all. The lowliner is certainly cool, not my jam but I can appreciate it all the same.

I have to say that I'm with you on the OTG build. If all I did was go out to the desert and camp, a full size rig would be what I'd want. You could carry so much more and in style. Love my Gladiator and it's real nice inside but it's nothing close to what it's like to be in a RAM.

Ddays

Hooked
The Rebel is pretty badass. The lowliner is as well, and I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but what is Dodge trying to showcase with it? A truck they haven't made in 51 years? :thinking: I could see if they lowered and chopped a RAM or something....

WJCO

Meme King
OTG rig seems fairly practical and looks good. I'm not too much into the CheechAndChongMobile.

Last edited:

TrailHunter

Hooked
As far as the Rebel... I don’t know man... I’ve always struggled with these setups... I mean they are cool, and I appreciate them... but fuck that’s a lot of shit to drive out somewhere, make some coffee, eggs and sleep in a tent. I’ve always viewed camping as a way to simplify things... less is more... Pack as light as you can and go explore. Kind of like a backpacker that fits everything in a backpack and roams for a bit. But instead of hiking, your in a Jeep. (Loaded with spare parts, just in case.. lol)

That lowered Dodge is Bad Ass... just too much wheel for me... needs more Tire... I like 17’s with 3-4” sidewall on a setup like that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Rebel is pretty badass. The lowliner is as well, and I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but what is Dodge trying to showcase with it? A truck they haven't made in 51 years? :thinking: I could see if they lowered and chopped a RAM or something....

The whole point of SEMA is to show off specialty equipment that's made by manufacturers. In fact, MOST of the show is all about performance, restoration and things like that. MOPAR highlights old vehicles like this being that they're in the business of selling crate motors to guys working on old iron.

Sithwindu

The lowliner is so sexy looking! I love it!!

Also really love the OTG rig! It’s a really nice setup

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As far as the Rebel... I don’t know man... I’ve always struggled with these setups... I mean they are cool, and I appreciate them... but fuck that’s a lot of shit to drive out somewhere, make some coffee, eggs and sleep in a tent. I’ve always viewed camping as a way to simplify things... less is more... Pack as light as you can and go explore. Kind of like a backpacker that fits everything in a backpack and roams for a bit. But instead of hiking, your in a Jeep. (Loaded with spare parts, just in case.. lol)

That lowered Dodge is Bad Ass... just too much wheel for me... needs more Tire... I like 17’s with 3-4” sidewall on a setup like that.

It's funny because, could you imagine what the ride quality would be like driving down a rough and rutted out desert trail in Nevada? Cindy and I were just talking about this and honestly, I think you need all that camping gear because you'd be driving so slow and it'd take you so long to get from point A to point B that you'd need to get a good night sleep multiple times along the way. :crazyeyes:

TrailHunter

Hooked
It's funny because, could you imagine what the ride quality would be like driving down a rough and rutted out desert trail in Nevada? Cindy and I were just talking about this and honestly, I think you need all that camping gear because you'd be driving so slow and it'd take you so long to get from point A to point B that you'd need to get a good night sleep multiple times along the way. :crazyeyes:

Haha! Good point.

Bear_JT

Hooked
OTG looks really cool! That thing is loaded with almost everything but food and beer.

The Lowliner is pretty bad ass too! I like both for what they are.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

gatorator

overlanding long ways out

without relying on store or hotel or motel, or restaurant or pub the diesel and tank alone are attractive, and then , planning for emergencies can necessitate back up redundancies also, lottsa stuff carried, AUSSIE outback style i'd imagine

and the solar power yummy

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OTG looks really cool! That thing is loaded with almost everything but food and beer.

The Lowliner is pretty bad ass too! I like both for what they are.

The paint job on it looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in person.

without relying on store or hotel or motel, or restaurant or pub the diesel and tank alone are attractive, and then , planning for emergencies can necessitate back up redundancies also, lottsa stuff carried, AUSSIE outback style i'd imagine

and the solar power yummy

Yeah, if I were traversing the outback, I could totally see where something like the OTG would be helpful to have. Here in America, it really is all just doodads. Don't get me wrong, they look cool and all and I'm already adding them to my JT but really, they're far from "necessary" here. :cool:

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
I really like the OTG setup, I am interested in that Warn Fairlead though, never seen one like that.

Ddays

Hooked
The whole point of SEMA is to show off specialty equipment that's made by manufacturers. In fact, MOST of the show is all about performance, restoration and things like that. MOPAR highlights old vehicles like this being that they're in the business of selling crate motors to guys working on old iron.

Whaaaat? They have other stuff than Jeeps? :shock:

I really like the OTG setup, I am interested in that Warn Fairlead though, never seen one like that.

LOL - I thought that was clever too. Nice way to store a hook!

Maximus 3 makes a similar setup but you have to use a separate fairlead. I have one on my JL. Had Warn had that available I would have gone with it. Looks like a part of their Epic line of accessories.

PS - LOVE that tailgate on the OTG. Pretty sweet how it opens both ways. That's a great idea! I saw that the other day somewhere else. Online somewhere I think.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
PS - LOVE that tailgate on the OTG. Pretty sweet how it opens both ways. That's a great idea! I saw that the other day somewhere else. Online somewhere I think.

Ambulance doors. Definitely a different way to do a tailgate on a pickup truck.

Brute

Hooked
Ok...I’d camp...I mean Overland in the OTG...and the low rider? I’d want a big ass 7.2 Hemi with pipes coming thru the hood...and much wider tires...and wheelie bars...and.....

Top Bottom