Take the FEAR out of Getting New Tires

Discount Tire

With a large selection of tire brands and models, that are also backed by our low price guarantee, there's nothing to be intimidated about!

Visit you're local Discount Tire for all your tire and wheel needs and we'll make sure you're taken care of!

Have a safe and happy Halloween!!!

For a store location near you visit: Find A Store Location | Discount Tire

DT-AT_HomePageCarousel_Halloween_2019.jpg

Last edited:

Jack diddly

I've got a question for you...what's discount tires policy on beadlocks? I got the warranty on my tires and the guy at the store said they will take the tire on and off the rim if I take the ring off. When I went in for the warranty exchange, there was a kid there that was going to take the tire off but seemed to have gotten in trouble for trying to help me. Then I was told they cant touch the wheel at all. Went to a different discount tire and they say they CAN do it, just take the ring off. So what's the truth to this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've got a question for you...what's discount tires policy on beadlocks? I got the warranty on my tires and the guy at the store said they will take the tire on and off the rim if I take the ring off. When I went in for the warranty exchange, there was a kid there that was going to take the tire off but seemed to have gotten in trouble for trying to help me. Then I was told they cant touch the wheel at all. Went to a different discount tire and they say they CAN do it, just take the ring off. So what's the truth to this?

Experience maybe? [emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

I used to work at Discount and there seemed to be confusion even at the store level. Sometimes we would be told to (as long as rings were off), sometimes told not to, sometimes we could rotate and balance, sometimes we weren’t allowed to touch them. 🤦🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jack diddly

I used to work at Discount and there seemed to be confusion even at the store level. Sometimes we would be told to (as long as rings were off), sometimes told not to, sometimes we could rotate and balance, sometimes we weren’t allowed to touch them. [emoji1749]*[emoji3603]

See, that's pretty weird. Theres gotta be an actual written SOP, I'd assume. I mean, if you take the ring off, it's pretty much like working on a standard wheel. As far as mounting and dismounting the tire.

Discount Tire

Thank you so much for reaching out and for choosing Discount Tire, Jack diddly!

First and foremost, our apologies for the conflicting answer's you've received from the two locations regarding your tires and wheels. Our process surrounding beadlock wheels can be miss-interpreted, so I'll do my best to explain here.

To start... Discount Tire will rotate and balance vehicles that have beadlock wheels fitted to the vehicle.

When it comes to the tire and wheel assembly itself, we will not mount nor dismount tires from a bead lock wheel under any circumstance. We will, however, break the rear bead of a bead lock assembly but only when the assembly is carried into the store. If the vehicle is driven in or trailered in, we can not break the rear bead.

With regards to warranty, having bead lock wheels does not effect this (tire or wheel) as long as any warranty claim meets the requirements as outlined in the terms and conditions. Just bear in mind that servicing of the assembly will be limited (I.E. mounting, dismounting, etc).

I hope this provides clarity and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to shoot us a PM - we'll make sure you're taken care of :thumb:

Jack diddly

First and foremost, our apologies for the conflicting answer's you've received from the two locations regarding your tires and wheels. Our process surrounding beadlock wheels can be miss-interpreted, so I'll do my best to explain here.

To start... Discount Tire will rotate and balance vehicles that have beadlock wheels fitted to the vehicle.

When it comes to the tire and wheel assembly itself, we will not mount nor dismount tires from a bead lock wheel under any circumstance. We will, however, break the rear bead of a bead lock assembly but only when the assembly is carried into the store. If the vehicle is driven in or trailered in, we can not break the rear bead.

With regards to warranty, having bead lock wheels does not effect this (tire or wheel) as long as any warranty claim meets the requirements as outlined in the terms and conditions. Just bear in mind that servicing of the assembly will be limited (I.E. mounting, dismounting, etc).

I hope this provides clarity and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to shoot us a PM - we'll make sure you're taken care of :thumb:
Awesome. Thank you for the clarification.

Clifford98

Thank you for getting this clarified!!! This has been my sole reason for avoiding bead locks because I was under the impression that discount wouldn’t touch them at all but I can mount and remove a ring if discount will balance, rotate, dismount the back bead and do flat repairs / road hazard still. I use discount tire for everything so this is a great piece of knowledge.

Top Bottom