Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock-slide retractable steps

Rock-slide retractable steps

The boys in the shop either figured I was getting too old, got tired of watching me climb up via a tire, got concerned I'd break another leg getting out of it - or all three; but they replaced the tube rock sliders with electrically actuated "concealed" steps from Rock-slide. They look good and certainly make it easier for me to climb in and out; I have not tested their durability on any trails.
    Does anyone have any long term experience with them?IMG_1223.jpg

What brand are they looks like a Genright. My guess is no they will not last. Just my opinion pretty sure others will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    2016 JKU

Quote Originally Posted by p38 View Post
    .....but they replaced the tube rock sliders with electrically actuated "concealed" steps from Rock-slide. I have not tested their durability on any trails.
    Does anyone have any long term experience with them?
    Don't know about long term experience with them, but on the recent JLX/JTX, one guy was running them and one of the steps popped out as he was hitting a rock. You can see it in the video below at about 6:07.

Untitled.jpg

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by Edwrds View Post
    What brand are they looks like a Genright. My guess is no they will not last. Just my opinion pretty sure others will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Thanks - I shae that same opinion.

I'll go outside and get some more pictures once the sun is up and it warms up a bit. The sliders that were on there before were constructed of DOM and had rounded leading and trailing edges. And, they were definitely well used. I think the square edge on these new ones will get get beaten up, and I think the bottom edges will get bruised, battered and bent to the point the steps will no longer be able to extend or retract. Time will tell; as will choice of trail. The jeep has quite a bit of clearance and I tend to go slow. I don't recall being on them much at Moab, but Fordyce is whole different deal - lots of pivoting and banging on the sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Don't know about long term experience with them, but on the recent JLX/JTX, one guy was running them and one of the steps popped out as he was hitting a rock. You can see it in the video below at about 6:07.

Untitled.jpg

Good point - thanks. I don't think they will take much abuse.

OK, here's some more pictures of the sliders. The make is "Rock Slide". Pictures showing the step retracted and extended.
    IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1288.jpg

That is a good looking rig.

I don't have any experience with those steps, but they do look good.

How do the actuate without doors? Must be a switch somewhere.

You know these are like dick tease pics, right?
    We want the full spread man!

IMG_1287.jpg

I can't tell if they already have them, but I think it's Rockslide that has an option for an extra steel plate to beef up the strength of those steps.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

They're the RSE step sliders. I have the Gen 1. They're strong as hell as they are but they offer armor for them which I'd highly recommend. (Armor for your armor)
    They're way too expensive to let get thrashed and break them. My last wheeling trip, I came down on them too hard in the right spot, now they dont come down. So they're toast. But they did last me 3 years, almost 4. (The filter makes it look rustier than what it actually is.) Lol. Good steps though, I really like them. 20191102_061157.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast